- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
Diet Doctor (DD) was founded by Andreas Eenfeldt (M.D.) with the long-term goal of empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. More than one billion people suffer from health issues related to type 2 diabetes and obesity, for which they're often personally blamed and rarely given the support they deserve. We aim to change that.
We’re fully funded by our members, so we don't need to show any ads, sell any products, or take any industry money. This also means that we have zero external investors, and are instead owned by the 50+ people who work here. We offer all employees the possibility to acquire a stake in the company every six months.
What have we achieved so far?
- We've been profitability for years, are self-funded, have no VC investment, and lots of cash in the bank.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We attract about 9 million monthly visits, have 77 000 paying members and 50+ employees.
- We're the top ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com), and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
For Diet Doctor to take the next step on our journey, we want to increase people's trust in us and build an employer brand that will help us recruit even more of the best people in the world. This will be the challenge you'll be working on along with the rest of the team - getting us smart publicity in a trustworthy way.
What you'll do
- Get Diet Doctor significant traction in worldwide, mainstream, trustworthy media by effectively pitching stories to various media outlets.
- Get Diet Doctor the right kind of publicity to build a strong employer brand and attract top talent to our Stockholm office.
- Arrange interviews and appearances for company executives.
- Identify and pitch key conferences and events at which DD should have a presence, and make the necessary preparations to ensure our presence there becomes successful.
- Develop and edit copy in support of product development and marketing campaigns, as well as brand and PR communications.
- Assist with SEO initiatives: acquire links from trustworthy sites, develop a DD Wikipedia page, and more.
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to shape PR at Diet Doctor - contributing to a world-class brand that strives to dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: You would be our first PR professional with big responsibilities and opportunities to take on challenging tasks. We'll give you lots of power to make decisions but we'll also provide the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We urge you to keep growing and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: We offer a market-level salary, overtime pay, office bonuses, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan.
Who you are
- You have extensive existing media relationships and can quickly cultivate new contacts.
- You have the ability to write persuasively and distill lots of facts into key messages.
- You're smart, driven, and hard working.
- You believe in the importance of our values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration and goodness.
- You have a strong desire to do something meaningful.
- You love to work independently and to get things done fast while maintaining consistently high standards.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and unstructured environment. You're a strong storyteller and you build cases with data.
- Your written and spoken English skills are excellent.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station.
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll help with your move and sponsor your visa.
Timing not perfect? Please reach out anyway - we’ll wait for the right person.