- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Northvolt's Research and Development Laboratory (R&D Lab) executes the fabrication of new, novel lithium ion batteries as designed by our world class Cell Design Team. We are literally the first step in building and evaluating the next generation of lithium ion technology.
As a member of this team, you will primarily work in a dry & clean room, operating prototype cell production equipment to produce lithium ion cells. We generally work on a two-shift system, where one week is the morning shift, and the following week is an evening shift.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The R&D Technician is a vital member of the R&D Lab team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operating complex, semi-automated manufacturing equipment with care and precision.
- Performing as a member of a strong team, which requires prompt attendance, reliability, open discussion, and trust.
- Willingness to perform ad hoc tasks as needed, such as moving materials to/from the warehouse, filling in for other team members, and engaging proactively in troubleshooting activities.
- Strict adherence to the Lab's 5S policy, not only in function but in mindset.
- Excellent attention to and compliance with Northvolt's safety culture. This position will work with hazardous chemicals and requires a strong safety mindset.
- Moderate reading, writing, and speaking comprehension of English, Swedish is a plus. Due to Northvolt's multi-cultural roots, English is the common language in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of word processing programs, such as Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
Desired (but not required) Additional Skills:
- Experience working in production line environments, especially those involving a clean room or dry room environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel & Powerpoint.
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals (powders, organics, acids/bases, etc.)
- Experience in a laboratory environment.
- Other unrelated "mad skills" such as welding, soldering, microelectronics, Arduino/programming, woodworking, etc.
Apply with CV and cover letter for this full time position, preferably in English, or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Join us today. Together, let’s enable the future of energy!