Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Expansive Worlds are looking for a passionate, business minded, and analytical Game Director, to take business ownership of a new unannounced game.
We are looking for someone to define the overall vision for video game development project, negotiating the projects creativity and scope with production, publishers, and other stakeholders. Duties include:
- Lead conception, pre-production and production in order to fulfill game vision.
- Act as the creative authority responsible for the overall quality of the shipped product.
- Align game development tasks with project vision and quality including: game design and user experience design; narrative design and cinematographic components; visual style and artistic value; animation; audio and special effects.
- Participate in decisions related to the technical infrastructure powering the game and with decisions related to production and staffing.
- Coordinate game development with tasks and ideas other directors and leads.
- Liaise with game publisher on game vision and design decisions.
- Promote game projects to targeted or general public as required by PR strategy.
- Coordinate intercontinental creative development across company studios.
- Serve as member of different Project Boards across the company, either as consultant or as direct stakeholder.
- Responsible to identify synergies across the different company projects.
Masters degree in Communications, Multimedia Design, or related field, plus 3 years of console video game design experience as Lead Game Designer or Director. (Will also accept a Bachelors degree and 5 years as described.) Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include:
- Must have performed game design for at least 2 shipped video game titles with one being a AAA title on both Xbox One and PS4 consoles
- Experience with full video game production process from conception to release
- Ability to realize and debug game experiences in different game editors
- Experience leading creative teams in video game design
- Extensive knowledge of both technology and content of video game competitive landscape
- Ability to create the overall vision of the game from beginning to end
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable with public speaking
- Must have experience working with game publishers to define game vision and features
- Must have experience promoting video games in collaboration with public relations and marketing teams
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.