TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE APPLY VIA SAFEMIND, PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO APPLY (https://www.safemind.se/lediga-jobb/1842-technical-director-expansive-worlds/)
As the Technical Director you will lead the technical excellence and architecture of the projects within the division. You will play a key role in bridging artistic vision and technical implementation by setting technical standards, driving innovation and identifying synergies between projects within the division and across other business divisions.
To succeed in this role, you have to be passionate about games technology, be the natural technical leader, have excellent people skills and be devoted to making fun, immersive games.
- Responsible for technical excellence and architecture of self-published projects (from Concept phase to Submission and post release)
- Set strategies for future technical development to meet self publishing needs
- Identify possible technical synergies between all projects
- Define technical requirements for self publishing project needs
- Be the technical stakeholder in pitches and designs for self-published projects
- Facilitate communication both within and across disciplines and facilitate and encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and code between projects and divisions
- Be part of the Divisions Management team and member of the company’s Technology Board
- Worked from start to finish on at least one AA or AAA console game, understanding of its architecture; understanding the engine, middleware and their constraints
- A strong technical background with solid professional experience in C/C++ programming
- Practical experience from different areas of game development as well as experience from working as a technical lead or technical director
- Know some of the specifics of the current and next gen consoles
- Experience of working with multiplayer games is a big +
- Be interested in upcoming new technologies and trends
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Strategic mindset and ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.