The studio is currently hiring a Localization Coordinator to work one of our one of our newest open world / sandbox multiplayer games. As a Localization Coordinator at Avalanche Studios Group you will be an integral part of coordinating the management of all localization in one of our game productions. This will include project internationalization, text/string database handling and evangelizing game localization internally.
You will cooperate closely with the Narrative Designers, Game Designers, Production, QA Leads and other major stakeholders on the project to manage the whole localization process. You will be responsible for scheduling, source language management, communication with external vendors, and ultimately ensuring that localized versions of the game provide the same quality of experience to all players, regardless of the language they play in.
This position requires someone who is structured, driven, organized, time-aware and systematic.
- Manage and schedule game localization and act as the key representative partner for the Producer in localization expertise.
- Select localization vendors and conduct vendor evaluation.
- Support Translation/Localization teams before and during loc phase: provide and create localization kits/bibles/glossaries, manage Q&A files. Escalate issues as necessary.
- Manage and upkeep large amounts of text in our string database (UI text, dialogue, string context etc.)
- Be a champion for internationalization, culturalization and localization within the project, especially before the localization phase starts, to ensure cultural and technical localization issues (UI, Art) are caught early.
- VO Localization Management - connect and liaise with Narrative / Audio teams to coordinate localization VO casting, recording, post-processing.
- Actively work on improving existing pipelines and processes for localization tools, processes, workflows and middleware.
- Experience in the management and localization of large amounts of text and dialogue.
- Have previously worked in the localization industry, either in games or comparable media production.
- Experience in translation/localization management software (Localize Direct, memoQ, SLDX or similar) and/or Localization QA coordination experience.
- Experience in subtitling.
- Proficiency in at least 1 language other than English.
- Copytext editing/proofreading experience.
- Advanced user of MS Office and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Highly organized and structured.
- Must be able to manage and track one's own workload.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.