- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Faculty of Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Crop Production Science
Department of Work Science, Business Economics and Environmental Psychology
The Department conducts teaching and research within the areas of environmental psychology and business management, focusing on people and their environment. Read more here.
The subject group business management conduct research and education in economically and socially sustainable entrepreneurship with a focus on "the business" and "the people in the business" in small and medium size agricultural and horticultural businesses.
The subject area for the position is business administration with focus on business management in agriculture and horticulture. The aim of this position is to develop knowledge within the subject area of business administration focusing on one or several prioritized sub areas, such as:
• Management, leadership and organization
• Entrepreneurship and innovation
• Production economy
• Strategic business models
• Market and marketing
The senior lecturer is, within the subject area, expected to:
• take active part in teaching, both practical and theoretical, including supervision and examination at both undergraduate and master level primarily in agriculture and rural management, horticultural and landscape engineering, as well as masters programs in horticultural science, sustainable food systems and agroecology
• contribute to development and strengthening of research and teaching (from bachelor level to doctoral level), and follow the societal development of importance for the subject area business management in agriculture and horticulture
• take part in and develop teaching collaborations within the subject area, with the department and SLU as well as with similar subject areas at other higher education institutes in Sweden and international networks
• contribute to the strategic development of the faculty through administrative assignments within the subject area, the department and the faculty
• take active part in research, produce scientific publications, apply for research grants and supervise doctoral students
The candidate shall:
• have a PhD degree in business administration with application in agriculture and/or horticulture, or a PhD degree in agriculture/horticulture with focus on business administration
• have demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate and master level as well as supervision on a higher education level
• have completed training in teaching in higher education corresponding to at least 10 weeks of studies, or have acquired corresponding knowledge in some other way
• possess scientific skills within the research area and demonstrated an ability to receive external research grants
• have published in journals relevant for the subject area of this position
• have good knowledge in Swedish or another Scandinavian language as well as in English
Assessment criteria for appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic skills.
The assessment of pedagogic skills will consider:
• planning, conducting and evaluating teaching in business administration with focus on business management
• supervision and examination of students
• ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching.
Experience of modern teaching methodology, such as digital teaching methods and e-based learning, will be paid regard to.
The assessment of scientific skill will consider:
• the applicant's ability to develop the research in the subject area of the position, for example the ability to receive research grants and publish in scientific journals and books.
The assessment of other skills will consider:
• Good collaborative network of value for the education and research within the subject area and the department
• Good knowledge of the agricultural and horticultural sector
• Good communication and collaboration skills
Final date for application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
You'll find here.