Help us power sustainable mobility.
Aurobay is looking for a Internal control specialist. This is a fantastic opportunity in a new business, where you will join our Finance Department. There are unlimited possibilities at Aurobay for collaborative people who are ready to make the difference. We are re-imagining motion for a brighter future. Exploring how to push our environmental impact towards zero. Designing tomorrow’s powertrain solutions for automotive and beyond. Join us on our journey!
What will you do?
The Internal Control Specialist will provide support to Aurobay in achieving internal control requirements and ensure Aurobay control foundation is well defined and documented. The position will focus on processes and controls to ensure they are developed and maintained for all companies within Aurobay.
Support the operations as an interface with Internal Control of the parent companies and provide timely and accurate reporting of all activities related to internal control.
- Ensure good internal control and secure high quality within the financial processes through articulating key risk in business processes, assess control design, challenge and advise business operations on control improvements over financial reporting.
- Self-assessment Program (MCRP) - drive annual process for all companies in Aurobay, to include testing and reporting.
- Support Operations in identifying, defining, and closing adherence gaps for Aurobay and processes associated with our related parties and new business models.
- Proactively suggest improvements to financial and operational working procedures within Aurobay, to include driving process improvement to protect company assets and profitability through implementation of documented internal control and operational process and procedures.
- Take active part in internal control reviews within the area of external financial reporting. Lead or participate in different projects and work proactive with financial processes and always strive for improvements.
- Promote the importance of internal controls throughout the organization.
- Provide training in all areas of internal control over external financial reporting.
Do you fit the profile?
We are looking for a team player with high integrity and ability to uphold standards of professionalism and confidentiality. You are process oriented, structured and have logical in approach. You like a work environment that is dynamic and results driven and you have the skills to prioritize and to deliver on commitments with tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or similar
- Experience working in auditing, internal controls, or compliance departments. Experience from working at a Big 4 firm, experience of SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) environments and COSO framework is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial internal control theory and its practical application.
- Proven ability to reason logically, identifies necessary inquiry, and draw well-reasoned conclusions.
- Strong communication skills; effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations at various levels.
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting processes.
- Positive attitude and willingness to drive change in a dynamic environment.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
We encourage diversity and believe that the different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives our people bring make us stronger as a company.
How to apply
If you have any additional questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact recruiting manager [provide a contact name, job title: email address].
For questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Recruiter [provide a contact name, job title: email address].
Your application should include your CV and cover letter, written in English. We will continuously evaluate candidates before deadline, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please note that applications via email will not be accepted, due to GDPR.
You are welcome to upload your application 31st of January at the latest.
Aurobay develops and manufactures world-class powertrain solutions for a global market. A pioneering venture that brings together Volvo Cars’ powertrain business with Geely, Aurobay is the brand name for Powertrain Engineering Sweden AB. With a heritage of more than 100 years of continuous powertrain innovation, our 2,900 employees in Sweden and China work across engine production, R&D and sales.