- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, not content going to work building yet another service people don't need?
Diet Doctor was founded by Andreas Eenfeldt (M.D.) with the long-term goal of empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. More than one billion people suffer from health issues related to type 2 diabetes and obesity, for which they're often personally blamed and rarely given the support they deserve. We aim to change that.
We’re fully funded by our members, so we don't need to show any ads, sell any products, or take any industry money. This also means that we have zero external investors, and are instead owned by the 45+ people who work here - and we offer all employees the possibility to buy a stake in the company regularly.
What have we achieved so far?
- Profitability for years, self-funded, no VC investment, and lots of cash in the bank.
- The by far largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- About 9 million monthly visits, 77k paying members and 45+ full-time co-workers.
- Top ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com), and strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to lead the creation of our new frontend stack and work on products that could dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a massively driven, ambitious, and kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work-time via our dedicated Engineering Focus Time™ slots.
- Rapid growth: People at Diet Doctor love to grow. We'll give you lots of responsibility but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We urge you to keep growing and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: Market-level salary, overtime pay, and owning a meaningful part of the company through our employee stock offering (trust us: you have never heard of a better shares program).
What you'll do
- Build great tech products with a focus on frontend that will make it simpler for millions of people to get rid of diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
- Lead the frontend team, being in charge of frontend architecture and helping decide the roadmap for how we improve and develop our platform and product going forward.
- Help us shape the future of our tech stack. We're in the starting blocks of building the next generation of our platform and you will play an important role in this.
- Together with the team shape how we can further improve our development and release processes, sharing insights from your previous experiences.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of frontend experience and extensive knowledge with modern frontend technologies (like React, Apollo GraphQL, Typescript, and Gatsby) and modern cloud platforms (like AWS, Kubernetes/Docker and CircleCI).
- You have a passion for crafting beautiful code, with a focus on readability, testability, and maintainability.
- You are driven and love to get things done.
- You're thoughtful when making decisions and love to learn new things.
- You have a sharp eye and a strong intuitive sense of what constitutes great and usable design with a laser focus on making things as simple and beautiful as possible.
- You think it’s important to work with people that you can learn from and to help others by sharing from your own experience. You want to be part of building a truly great team.
- You are someone who wants to do their part in truly making the world a better place for everyone.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy Swedish HQ here in Stockholm (Vasagatan 40, just opposite the central station).
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates we will help with your move here, finding a place to live and sponsor your visa.
Timing not perfect? Reach out anyway - we’ll wait for the right person :)