- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are now looking for 1-2 student to take on the assignment: Additive manufactured inserts for turbine hot gas path components.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
* Student at MSc level with focus in mechanical engineering and mechanical design.
* Interested in mechanical design, CAD, and additive manufacturing.
* Is structured and can communicate well in Swedish and English.
* Can find own ways and solutions to challenges and problems.
One essential factor increasing gas turbine performance and reducing its emissions is to decrease hot gas path components cooling air consumption. Additive manufacturing (AM) technology is one enabler in this field where the increased design freedom could be used to improve internal cooling efficiency by implementing more advanced design features.
The assignment includes following:
* Study the possibilities to combine investment casted hot gas path components with additive manufactured cooling inserts.
* Feasibility studies (design, manufacturing, tradeoffs between benefits and cost), and concept development.
* Previous experience from solid/surface CAD modelling and production method analysis will be used as a base.
Your opportunities for personal growth
* Gain experience in how to work as mechanical design engineer in the industry.
* Gain knowledge about precision casting, machining, measuring methods and additive manufacturing.
* Gain insight into the mechanical design departments of Siemens Energy.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
Siemens Energy is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works with its customers and partners on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers. More than 50 percent of the portfolio has already been decarbonized.
A majority stake in the listed company Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) makes Siemens Energy a global market leader for renewable energies. An estimated one-sixth of the electricity generated worldwide is based on technologies from Siemens Energy. Siemens Energy employs 91,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries and generated revenue of around €29 billion in fiscal year 2019. In Sweden Siemens Energy has 2600 employees in 10 locations.
Read more about Siemens Energy here:
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Don’t hesitate – apply via https://jobs.siemens-energy.com/jobs, id nr 228507 not later than 2021-11-28.
We will ask for a copy of your completed courses in the application phase.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Andreas Egedal on tel. 0122-887188.
For questions about the recruitment process please contact the responsible recruiter Nelly Johansson on tel. 0122-81505.
Trade Union Representatives:
Veronica Andersson, Unionen, 0122-840 21
Simon Von Eckardstein, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Jonny Persson, IF Metall, 0122-817 69