As our new Data Warehouse Developer you will be a part of the team responsible for maintenance and further development of the existing company data warehouse system in cloud environment (AWS), which acts as a single point of truth for making data driven business decisions. The work will consist of data modelling and data transformation design, development of new and improving existing data load processes, ensuring that the data warehouse has the best architecture, data quality, and that the system is performant, scalable & maintainable, while processing high volumes of data and executing complex ETL and reporting queries. As part of your responsibilities you will also be expected to review and develop further current technology stack and ensure the use of industry and business best practices.
What will you get up to day to day?
- Propose and build re-usable solutions, develop and maintain processes while applying best practices to maintain Data Load to/from upstream/downstream systems
- Design and extend further existing data warehouse model
- Design and develop: - Data load ETL / ELT processes with large and complex data sets, making sure the solution is maintainable, built with reusable components and with optimal performance - Reporting layer data sources and BI reports for data delivery to business - Data / reports delivery automation - Integration / data load processes from/to different upstream/downstream systems
- Follow and apply best practices while building the data model, data warehouse data load processes and reporting framework maintaining efficiency and robustness of the process.
- Design data structures and data load processes for optimal performance and scalability
- Focus on data quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data
- Maintain and support data load processes ensuring regular loads on time
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds
- Support, assist, establish and maintain appropriate communication channels with business users in the context of company data assets
- Performing ad hoc data analyses when required
- Maintain and promote collaboration with other technical teams responsible for upstream/downstream systems
- Maintain transparent communication within the team / other business departments within the company
- Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas
- Participate in daily / weekly team meetings
- Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
What experience do you bring?
- 4+ years of extensive Data Warehouse/Data Integration focused work experience
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Strong experience in designing and managing large Data Warehouse, minimum 1TB
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts (such as Kimball or Inmon methodologies)
- Strong experience in business analysis and requirements gathering from business users
- Experience with columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift, Big Query or similar is desired
- Experience with AWS or GPC cloud platform services is desired
- Experience with big data solutions in cloud environment will be considered an asset
- Extensive hands on experience using one of the mainstream data integration products such as Talend or similar
- Experience in managing semantic layer of Business Intelligence/Analytical platforms such as Tableau or similar is desired
- Extensive experience in SQL query writing and optimization experience
- Strong experience of the mainstream DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
And what kind of person are you?
- Ability to obtain, analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritise and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Keen attention to detail and data quality
- Fluent in English
& then some nice to haves...
- It would be a great asset if you have previously worked with big data solutions in a cloud environment and on supporting a Data Warehouse system within the iGaming industry.
- Knowledge of Python or have experience on supporting a data warehouse system this would be considered a plus!
At ComeOn Group we put a lot of trust in every individual, we know that if we get the tools and space to do what we do best, we will be both happy and deliver great things. This is why we have some of the greatest minds in the industry working here.
Working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while, this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and cosy, come by and challenge us in a game of ping pong or Fifa and if you're not into that, a studio session at the local gym or a cold drink from the fridge on a Friday late afternoon might be your type of melody.
I’m interested, what do I do next?
Waste no time and complete your application expressing your interest and why you want to work for us today, we like individuality so let your personality come through!
Applications might take a few weeks to review so please stay cool. We shall get back to you ;)