As a Senior Technical Operations Engineer within the global Technical Operations department you will be focusing on technology & software for one of our product verticals. You will be working closely with the product development teams, their developers and DevOps engineers to ensure we get the most out of the software.
We move fast when it comes to technology and how our products evolve so training is important and a natural part of our day to day work. Your ability to adapt and spot non-functional processes and procedures is key to remove any obstacles and ensure a lean operation. You will need to be a flexible team player with a passion for business and strive to always improve. Your security awareness and your accountability is important as we are operating under license in regulated online gaming markets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with system availability, performance and business logic.
- Plan and perform system changes with application focus.
- Ensure system capacity is being monitored and considered in planning.
- Ensure Incidents assigned to to the team are being managed within agreed SLAs
- Create and maintain Runbooks used by the Team
- Define, refine and track Service Level Objectives
- Setup and maintain monitoring of system and ensure all alarms are documented in up to date Knowledge Base Articles
- Participate in out of office on-call rotation
Working Monday to Friday in our Stockholm office, with occasional work outside core business hours for system changes
- Prior experience of working in a DevOps / Systems Administration role.
- Strong background in Linux and Networking with a good understanding of storage & databases
- Knowledge and experience of industry leading public IaaS solutions (AWS and/or GCP)
- Experienced with open source solutions for configuration management (for example Ansible), elastic scaling, service discovery (for example HashiCorp Consul), log management (for example ELK & Graylog) and cloud management (for example HashiCorp Terraform)
- Extensive prior experience of working with ITIL processes
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Practical knowledge of the Docker container ecosystem (for example Kubernetes, Mesos)
- A working understanding of code and scripting languages such as (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- A good understanding of the software lifecycle, including source code management systems (for example Git) and build/deployment pipelines (for example Jenkins)
- Prior experience of the online gaming industry