- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Volvo Penta designs, develops, manufactures and markets marine and industrial power systems. Advanced technology and high standards of quality, combined with a very high degree of customization and partnership with customers, are its prime competitive features.
GLOBAL PURCHASING DEPARTMENT is looking for a
Senior Buyer Cooling systems
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
We strongly believe that high performance comes from motivated employees, courage to think outside the box and having fun. We are both world leading and pioneers in our field.
Right now we can offer a position as senior buyer in our Global Purchasing Department.
We are looking for a senior buyer, who will be responsible for the Global Commodity Cooling systems that include Industrial cooling system, Pumps and Fans for both conventional combustions engines and alternative fuels (Electromobility, Hydrogen etc). Besides being responsible for QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk) for the supply base, you will also have the role as Strategic Lead, with the responsibility to coordinate, develop and execute the strategy for the Commodities. At Volvo Penta, the organization is small enough for you to get involved, and for you to make a difference.
- Lead and coordinate the strategic work in the commodity-team
- Manage the supplier relationships and performance (QDCF-TSR) for the entire product life cycle (project, sourcing, operational) and co-operate cross functionally to achieve the best solution
- Perform the activities required for the commodity: e.g. negotiations, sourcing, re-sourcing, projects, optimize total cost, risk management, drive synergies within Volvo Group
- Work in accordance with the Volvo Penta processes, the Volvo values and behaviors
- Develop and execute the Commodity Strategy
- Contribute to drive the business transformation within the commodity to shape a sustainable future.
- We want to welcome you to a team where teamwork and a positive attitude is a must, we want you to be part of that
- You enjoy working cross functionally, both within and outside the company
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks, together with an analytical mind and problem-solving skills, are needed for this position
- We also believe you like doing business and having fun!
We believe you have a University degree as the basis for your career. You are fluent in English both in business and privately as well as in speaking and writing.
Your skills in negotiations and communication are strong, you are motivated by change management and have the abilities to drive change.
In prioritizing candidates, we will pay attention to matching your profile to team culture, experience, gender and spirit. The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record and references.
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden, and will require occasional travel.
Volvo Penta is Innovative, Profitable and World leader in our field, join us to continue that journey!
Curious and have some questions? Call us!
Hiring Manager: Fredrik Jönsson; +46 739-02 36 66
HR contact: Anna Thorén; +46 765 53 53 53
Start date and timeline:
The position is open now and will be contracted as soon as possible. We will start screening as applications arrive, so don't hesitate to send yours.