WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
Utopia Music is seeking an innovation manager that is able to help Utopia research, explore and take benefit of emerging technologies that might contribute to Utopias purpose and vision. We are looking for someone who can take ownership and be in a central position in planning and executing research collaboration projects.
You’ll be responsible for research and experimentation with universities and other partners to drive exploration of new technologies and opportunities. Our ideal candidate is a talented data scientist with a keen eye for customer value and sufficient understanding of music industry. If you love discovering impactful technologies that drives business success and customer value through research, this could be the role for you.
At Utopia Music, you’ll work alongside a highly skilled international team building a better music business. You get to play a central part in building the strategy team as well as collaboration with product and data teams shaping the way we deliver value at Utopia.
- Help Utopia Music create partnerships with Universities around Utopia data and modern technology (data science, ML/AI, CNN, Blockchain, etc)
- Develop and craft emerging technology vision, identify potential capabilities for experimenting and plan to deliver results for hypothesis that drives customer value utilizing modern technology to identify areas of partnering and collaboration with research community
- Manage partners and University project members working with us in different research projects
- Identify and document potential technology improvements to Utopia platform or business unit offering, and if possible try to find ways to protect the IP by patenting them as necessary
- Manage Utopia innovation roadmap and process
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- A customer-first approach and data-driven growth mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lean startup or other product discovery skills
- Understanding and ability to identify, validate and execute business model experiments
- Superb writing and editing skills in native level English
- Data and analytics skills that enable you to plan, track and report data-driven services according to customer outcomes needs
- Ability to take ownership and lead collaboration projects with Universities and Startup partners
- Focus on customer outcomes and understanding on the business value for the innovations created
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere!
- Inspiring office!
- We love our inclusive office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved to our locations from countries outside the EU. However, we do not support relocation at the moment.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)