- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Who we are
Mentimeter’s vision is to transform presentations and meetings into fun and interactive experiences by making it easy to listen and to be heard. We believe in giving everyone a voice, in every meeting and presentation. We are building a modern, friendly, and diverse product-first tech company based in Stockholm and we want you to join us!
We're currently looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team to help further develop our product and make it even more appealing to our 200 million+ users. This specific role will be part of our Platform team, focusing on our architecture and infrastructure.
As a Technical Product Manager for our Platform team you will be responsible for delivering projects and features together with your team. It primarily consists of Senior Engineers and your daily work and responsibilities will focus on assisting them reach goals that you, the team as a whole and the CTO have set. This could mean, for example, investigating and implementing new hosting solutions, database scaling, security tooling, architecture improvements etc.
This requires people-skills, leadership, project management, ability to identify risks and communication skills (verbal, written and conceptual). We also believe this requires a certain level of technical understanding and we therefore expect you to have a background within software development.
While you will be responsible for identifying the staffing needs for your team, the recruitment process itself is mainly driven by our Talent Acquisition team. Line management and salary decisions for individual team members will be handled by our Engineering Managers and is not a requirement for this role. You and your team will handle decisions and implementation with regards to our IT infrastructure, but our CTO will be accountable for the budgeting of hosting costs.
The Platform Team
The Platform Team is our architecture and infrastructure team that supports the rest of the engineering organization with (fully hosted in the cloud) tooling and best practices in this domain. While some software development is a part of the members’ work descriptions, writing code is not necessarily their main daily task. Typical work may be creating architecture diagrams for new features, giving feedback on technical solutions, database performance analysis or handling major incidents and attacks.
Our engineering organization works in a DevOps manner which expects all teams to be end-to-end responsible for their own code as well as its performance in the production environment. The Platform team is, working closely with our DevOps team, responsible for ensuring that our tooling, best practices and architecture is fit for purpose. Likewise, to ensure the engineering organization achieves excellent results within performance, scalability, security, reliability and availability while also enabling technical innovation.
- Ensure that great features, enhancements, and bug fixes are shipped
- Own the strategy for your team defining the overall roadmap and setting team KPIs and OKRs in collaboration with other colleagues, e.g. CTO
- Maintain a Risk Assessment analysis for your team's area of responsibility
- Identify needs and ensure that necessary decision support documentation for larger projects are created
- Identifying risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Form a high performance agile product team
- Create a psychologically safe space where the team feels they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Manage team backlog, plan and follow up work together with team
- Responsibility for identifying recruitment needs in the team
Must haves for the role:
- Has led technical projects and can efficiently divide a project in agile iterations, deliver on time and quality and identify risks early
- Collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to break down complex projects into manageable pieces and prioritize different options based on business value
- Skilled at managing yourself, others, and creating a high performing team
- Ability to make decisions backed up by data, business cases and user research
- Experience of leading teams of Engineers
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Developer/architect experience to efficiently lead a team of engineers/architects
- Efficient technical English language skills
- Experience with modern cloud solutions
- Interest in presentation software and their use cases
- An interest in coaching people in their personal and professional development
- A generalist attitude and someone who enjoys switching between strategic discussion and tactical hands on work
- Organizational skills incl. resource management and release planning
- Leadership experience (Scrum/Kanban) in agile and cross-functional teams and a supporting force to developers
- Have worked as Technical Product Manager or in similar roles
- An analytical and data-driven mindset
- Experience in any of Databases, Serverless, Modern cloud solutions, Infrastructure & Networking.
- Experience with incident management, QA, DevOps
- Swedish not required - we are an English-first company, daily work is carried out in English and the Mentimeter team currently spans over 40 different nationalities!
- Cover Letters are not required but we very much appreciate them and take the time to read each one when sent.
- Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
Our core principles and basis for our culture:
- Inclusiveness - Transparency, equality and diversity
- Work smart - Know when to excel but also know when good enough is exactly that, good enough
- Professionalism - "The consultant mindset"
- Be humble to others’ work
- Have fun
We at Mentimeter believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.