- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Airtel, Astro, SonyLiv, TataSky, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
Accedo is looking for a talented Android Developer/Engineer to join the Product Engineering team in Stockholm. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into the high performing Accedo One video experience platform. Read more on: https://www.accedo.tv/one/.
Objective of the role
- Responsible for code development, refactoring, review and quality assurance.
- Document technical solutions.
- Addressing bugs & issues found during the development cycle.
- Deploy artifacts to different product environments (i.e. development, qa, uat…).
- Actively participating in meetings with the team, and stakeholders.
- Proactive communication with product managers/owners and team members.
- Provide task estimations (with the guidance of senior engineers)
Do you want to create best-in-class video streaming applications, together with talented colleagues in a friendly work environment? Do you keep on top of all things Google and Android, and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development? Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process? If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent app development work experience
- Professional experience developing native Android applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Java, Kotlin is a plus
- Extensive experience with Android SDK, Android Studio and modern Developer Tools
- Experience with AndroidTV, FireTV, Chromecast, VR/AR is definitely a plus
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (ReactNative, HTML/JS, Obj-C/Swift, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration/Distribution, Test Driven Development
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in video and media based development projects (video players, DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Good command of English, any other language is a plus