- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a global logistics shipping company listed on the Norwegian stock exchange. Wallenius Wilhlemsen brings together five established shipping companies to maximise synergies and growth through shared vessels, networks and customer base throughout the World.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world. Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and located in 29 countries,
For more information http://www.walleniuslines.com
Our core values are at the heart of how we do things. We believe that most people want to work for a company that tries to do the right thing!
• To represent WalWil in Ports with regard to Vessel Operations. Main port Gothenburg, flexibility to also as needed attend in Wallhamn and Malmö.
• To be responsible for operational functions are run in accordance with global processes and global/regional policies with respect to planning and supervising of cargo operations, with due regard to damage prevention, cost efficiency, and minimal cargo shifting, to ensure optimal stowage and space utilization in collaboration with stowage planner.
• Ensure vessels are turned in port as fast as possible.
• To Effectively Manage Associated Service Providers, ensuring Contractual Commitments, and ongoing evaluations for improvements or to initiate preventative / corrective actions to assist with the requirements of the WalWil business objectives and Customer Focus
• Ability to understand and assist with stowage planning, flexibility to cross functional work within the operational functions to achieve KPI set by the group’s guidelines.
• Manage receipt and delivery of all cargo through direction, cooperation, and coordination with Service Providers to ensure services required for efficient and cost-effective cargo operations are sourced, on hand and of highest quality
• Provide local input and assistance to Contract Management and Equipment Management with performance review/s and improvement initiatives with respect to supplier contract.
• Collaborate with relevant parties to ensure supplier quality and performance is evaluated, identified issues are examined and corrective action is taken to address root causes of problems
• Liaise with Regional Equipment Control to ensure fast and orderly turnaround of empty equipment/lashing gear in ports
• Make sure cargo carrier stuffing is under supervision
• Provide local technical advice on operational matters to internal and external customers
• Develop and manage local relationships with relevant authorities (i.e., Port Authorities, tugboats company, linesman, etc.)
• Act as local liaison for contact with customers in operational matters
• Emergency Response: Primary WalWil initial contact / responder in port in the event of an emergency incident involving WalWil vessels or cargo.
• Responsible for safety and security in accordance with WalWil processes and guidelines
• Invoice control /handling for stevedoring costs from main port.
• Mate Certificate Seagoing experience, stevedoring management background or equal experience.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Able to challenge the status quo and support a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency
• Ability to work in a Global environment, strong management skills with high social competence as a communication link to the senior officers onboard.
• Able to prioritize workflow to meet deadlines and have a sense of urgency
• IT computer competence (office programs), preferably experience in digital loading program and lashing / cargo carrier calculations.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Valid driving license and ability to travel in the region Europe by all transport
A crucial success factor for any company is to make use of people's differences and you can easily search by registering your CV by clicking on the application button below or with your Linkedin profile. Selection and interviews will be ongoing.
With reference to GDPR we do not have the opportunity to receive any applications by mail.
For questions please contact Iréne Nilsson, [email protected] (070-279 8321)
Welcome with your application!