- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Sweden is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to work closely with Embassy management for the well-being of UK-based staff and families, with primary function as advocate for them and provision of support on family and community issues, principally in the areas of information gathering, welfare and communication.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Information gathering for UK-Based officers and their spouses/partners and families. To include information on spouse/partner employment; children's education (through completion of separate HR School and Nursery Information Sheets of authorised schools); childcare; and completion of DSFA Spouse and Partner Annual Employment Report. Contributing to updating the Welcome Pack, Post Hub and Fact Sheet.
- Welfare: welcoming all staff on posting/temporary duty and accompanying families to ensure as smooth an integration as possible into the life of the Embassy community; following up to check that the settling in process is working; being an ongoing source of referral and support where questions, problems and difficulties arise. Keeping in touch with spouses and partners of UK-based staff, including through a WhatsApp group.
- Advocate for UK-based staff and families in addressing issues of importance with Embassy management, including as their representative on Joint Management Board, evacuation/contingency planning and housing committee, and as the link between the Embassy and DSFA in London.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written, C1 level or above under the CEFR*);
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to work with people from any background;
- Communications skills, both in writing and orally;
- Good understanding of the issues faced by staff moving to live overseas;
- Good organisational and delivery skills;
- Be able to handle personal information confidentially and with discretion;
- Be able to work flexibly without close supervision;
- Be familiar with living in Sweden.
- Some knowledge of Swedish
Deadline for application is 29 July 2021. For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow the link on the new FCO Local Staff Vacancies Homepage, https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/14716-Community-Liaison-Officer-SWE21-303/en-GB
THIS IS A PART TIME, FIX-TERM POSITION FOR 1 YEAR WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION. (16 WORKING HOURS PER WEEK).
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, locally employed staff should either be Swedish citizens, EU citizens or permanent residents of any nationality registered in the population register when beginning their employment. Registration in the population register is not possible once employment has begun. For more information please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.