- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Technical Art at Arrowhead
As a Technical Art Director, you are responsible for leading the development of lighting, rendering and technical art for the development of our next-gen AAA project. You help define and carry out the artistic vision of our game.
You are the bridge between artists and engineers and you drive tech and tools. At the same time, you maintain and improve pipelines and workflows in order for the (art) teams to work effectively, efficiently and comfortably.
As a Technical Art Director, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Leading the development of lighting, rendering, technical art, post processing and similar fields;
- Work closely with art direction to execute on the visual style of titles that we make;
- Manage and build a new team within Arrowhead (You get to choose the name, but the working title is "Visual Tech") and define technical roadmaps;
- Prototype cutting edge approaches to art and content creation and spearhead R&D efforts;
- Improve existing content creation tools and pipelines based on both current and long term needs and requirements;
- Guide your team in identifying and resolving workflow and pipeline challenges for internal art teams;
- Implement new technologies and workflows where necessary;
- Set standards for and guard the quality of both the technical implementation as well as the visual results of in-game content and tools.
More about you
We are looking for someone who wants to actively lead and inspire the developers on our soon to be created technical art team (working title Visual Tech). To be a great fit with the studio you have the drive to coach and develop people in your surroundings to reach the kickass performance we strive to achieve.
Are games and technical art a true passion for you? Are you the game changer that will help us create the next-gen AAA title? Then you’re the Technical Art Director we’re looking for!
We work to inspire a kickass environment for our developers. That means working hard, taking responsibility for your teams and deliverables and shooting for the stars!
Do you recognize yourself in the following requirements?
- You are a technical artist with strong artistic skills and a portfolio to show it;
- You have a strong understanding of PBR pipelines and how to translate artistic vision into technical solutions;
- You have 5 or more years of experience as a technical artist and have shipped one more more AAA title(s);
- You understand modern content creation tools and workflows: modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, and lighting;
- You have a good understanding of modern graphics hardware and experience with modern graph based programming;
- You are well known withe with Maya, Substance Painter and Designer, Houdini;
- You are very familiar with Python and modern shading languages such as PSSL, HLSL or GLSL.
Scope: Full-time 40 hours per week. We offer a Permanent position and relocation aid for the right candidate.
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.