- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Production Engineer to join our bold team in Skellefteå.
Northvolt is establishing it's first mass-production facility in Skellefteå and in joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories and aid Northvolt and our customers in the transformation to a carbon free society. When old technology is phased out and overtaken by electrification in the coming years, batteries are going to become the differentiating factor.
You will be a part of building a new competent and dependable team from scratch, capable to scale Northvolt’s operations in Sweden and beyond.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess and analyze manufacturing and suggest actions to improve efficiency or initiate problem solving
- Design and implement cost-reductive changes
- Maximize productivity of machinery and workers
- Ensure all steps of production run smoothly and efficiently
- Drive actions or projects to improve efficiency in manufacturing
- Participate in or drive problem solving workshops or actions like 8D, Ishikawa, 5? Etc.
- Participate in or drive projects for new equipment
- Support managers in setting up ways of working in manufacturing related to for instance lean principles
- Train staff in lean principles and methods, SOP and WI
- Participate in or run meetings with customers and suppliers
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
Bachelor or Master degree of Science in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
Experience in Lean Manufacturing concepts, SPC and capability analysis
Good to have project management experience
Need to have worked in and have knowledge of lean manufacturing
Curious, technically educated and with a strong business background
Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
Very valuable (but not required) to have experience from battery manufacturing
Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Has the ability to take decisions even in the face of uncertainty
- Is visionary and contributes to push beyond conventional wisdom
- Very good team player, contributes with passion, energy and create relatedness
- High level of grit, morale and can endure working many hours
- Deliver on expectations and promises
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete Linkedin profile. Full time employment and fixed salary.
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!