- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Production Area Manager Upstream to join our passionate team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories and contribute to the transformation to a carbon free society.
The purpose will be to plan, direct, and monitor all production activities within Upstream to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules; safety, quality, volume, cost, and yield targets.
As leader of the unit you will have the opportunity to build a competent and dependable team from scratch, capable to scale Northvolt’s operations in Sweden and beyond. You will be in charge of setting up and executing the long term upstream production reporting to the senior Director of Manufacturing at Northvolt Ett.
In general you have a long experience in the field managing large, innovative and challenging projects related to production and manufacturing.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement manufacturing routines and procedures and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity.
- Analyze production and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions (for example changes to procedures, workflow, or equipment) that will improve performance.
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers (for example in planning, logistics, maintenance, technology, quality) and together understand current and future needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing manufacturing activities.
- Together with maintenance plan, prioritize, and manage production line maintenance or downtimes to minimize disruptions to manufacturing schedules.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of supervisors who are responsible for various production activities such as, machine operation, processing, treating, assembly or packaging.
- Has full managerial responsibility for multiple teams/departments.
- Accountable for developing new methods, tools and processes. Responsible for sharing best practices.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Production Director for Upstream is a vital member of the Northvolt Ett team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- Master of science in chemical/mechanical/industrial engineering
- Proven Leadership in large Manufacturing Organizations (50+ people)
- Experience in the modern Operations Management principles: Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma
- Documented leadership training
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Highly organized and result-driven
Proactive and goes beyond expectations
Has a can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
Passionate & purpose driven
Personal success factors
- Close to employees, follow up, encourage, exceptional in feed forward and feedback
- Very good in empowering people to make people act
- Role modelling, being the safe and healthy role model
- Create team spirit and sense of belonging and relatedness in the team
- The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary, as well as multinational, workforce is essential.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!