- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Do sustainable stainless steel, coaching leadership and safety excite you?
We at Outokumpu in Avesta are looking for a leader for our Continuous Casting department who can develop the organization in accordance with our vision, strategy, and ways of working. If you are driven, analytical, engaged with the people you work with, and thrive in a dynamic environment – We welcome you to join Outokumpu today!
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a group of 28 operators in the production of our sustainable stainless steel within the Continuous Casting department at Avesta Melt Shop. It is a highly interesting role that will put you in touch with everything from safe steel production and team development to continuous improvement activities and strategy work.
You will be responsible for the operations and the performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost, and productivity. You will be challenged to balance the daily operative tasks with long-term goal achievement and to contribute toward continuous improvement in our daily business operation.
To ensure that everyone gets home safe each day, you will be working actively with the safety culture and the implementation of safe ways of working. In order to succeed in the role, it is of great importance that you as a leader is present and coaching and that you are driven by developing people and teams.
- Manage the daily operations, including evaluation of activities and measurement of productivity to achieve goals within safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost, and productivity.
- Develop, set, and follow up on departmental and organizational goals.
- Together with your colleagues and your team develop work processes and technical solutions for the day-to-day management of Avesta Melt Shop.
- Deliver continuous improvement activities in support of key metrics and set priorities to ensure task completion.
- Develop the safety culture and implement Outokumpu´s health and safety standards and instructions.
- Coach and develop your team to reach set goals.
- Work closely with the maintenance management to develop and implement maintenance plans to ensure high reliability in the process.
We are looking for an individual who is a positive and well-organized leader with a deep interest in the people and the steel industry. We would like to see an experienced team builder, who can inspire others and who can collaborate with others to achieve the best solutions and results. You can adapt quickly and flexibly to situations.
You can convert business strategy into action-oriented activities and make decisions when needed. You have proven ability to analyze deviations and execute short- and long-term activities and you have demonstrated experience working within a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production.
You are a clear-communicating team player with great motivation to become a little bit better every day and to influence the people around you to do the same.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree of engineering preferably in metallurgy or material technology
- Strong leadership skills from recent managerial roles
- Excellent analytical ability
- Experience in the steel or heavy manufacturing industry is meriting
- Training in Lean manufacturing concepts is meriting
- Fluency in Swedish and English both written & verbal is required
- To join a global, progressive organization that thrives on every individual’s motivation and respect to build the future of sustainable steel we proudly call Outokumpu
- Develop your skills in a high-level workforce drawn by continuous improvement and professional satisfaction
- A company that has confidence in your capacity to take responsibility, be proactive, and independent
- Opportunities for furthering your development and qualifications
- A role in a sustainable movement towards a brighter future
Application and questions
If this role has awakened your interest, please submit your application and CV in English before the 20th of June via our website. The position might be filled before the final application date, so apply already today!
For more information about the role, please contact Sara Lundberg, General Manager Avesta Melt Shop via phone at +46700881150. For questions about your application, please contact Alexander Kumlin, HR Specialist Recruiter by e-mail at [email protected].
Union representative: Patrik Norberg (Ledarna) +46(0)73–0277560, Gunnar Lindstrand (Sveriges Ingenjörer) +46(0)70–0881957, and Patrik Sundell (Unionen), +46(0)70-0881011.
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be the best value creator in stainless steel through customer orientation and efficiency. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable, and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 10,000 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland, and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. http://www.outokumpu.com
Öppen för alla
Vi fokuserar på din kompetens, inte dina övriga förutsättningar. Vi är öppna för att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.