At RugVista we are dedicated and passionate about helping people to a home they love. We are an entrepreneurial organization committed to constantly improve ourselves and our business. Would you like to be a part of an international and market leading e-commerce company? Are you passionate about coding, constant improvement, and exceeding expectations?
The role as Front-end developer offers a great chance to work in a professional and international environment, which promotes personal development and teamwork.
About the role
Our company is growing rapidly and the tech team is looking for a new developer. You will join an ambitious team of developers who are working close with both our UX/UI designer and our CRO. Our main objective is to give our customers the best experience when shopping on our websites.
We are constantly working with the user interface in all phases of its life cycle. Building new elements, optimizing elements, maintaining elements and removing legacy implementations. All larger changes we introduce to the customer are A/B-tested.
Our current setup is a LEMP monolith. Our back-end team is step by step migrating this setup to micro services, many of them deployed as AWS Lambdas. Data is stored both in SQL and non-SQL databases. Everything is hosted on AWS and we use a big part of their tech stack.
We are now in the middle of writing our new stack in React (SSG) and our current setup will be used as an API. We use Storybook as our main development platform.
How you make an impact
- Implement the designs created by the UX/UI designer.
- Evolve the tooling around our tech.
- Develop for performance, especially on mobile.
- Set up AB-tests as an integrated part of the development process. This is to ensure that the user will never have a bad/broken experience.
What you bring
- A deep commitment to craft good quality code/components that exceeds the user’s expectation.
- You are not only welcome, but expected to come up with solutions to issues.
- You take responsibility for your tasks, and drive processes further.
- You work independently, structure your work and respect deadlines.
- Willing to share your knowledge in the group, help and inspire colleagues to develop.
- You are open to new solutions and keep your knowledge updated by using the "learning by doing" concept.
- As we are a small team, you communicate clearly and ensure that expectations are clear for all parties involved.
- You are a team player and able to build good relations with your colleagues.
Must have technical experience
- React (We use NextJS)
- Styled Components
- PHP (basic knowledge)
- Version control and QA using Git.
Preferred technical competence
- Working with high traffic sites.
- Statically generated sites
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Preferably + 5 years of experience in a similar position.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a high paced, challenging, and cooperative environment.
- A diverse and international organization committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where everyone loves to go to work.
- Competitive benefit package.
- A culture inspired by our values; impact oriented, honesty, and entrepreneurship.
- Extraordinary international colleagues.
- Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home.
- A generous employee discount on the products we sell.
- Free coffee, fruits, and snacks.
- Breakfast on Thursdays.
- Generous wellness allowance.
- Onsite masseuse and yoga.
Start date: June or as per agreement.
We are reviewing candidates continuously, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
RugVista is one of Europe’s leading independent online retailer of rugs with a successful track-record of profitable growth during the past 10+ years. We operate two Brands (RugVista and CarpetVista) with local language e-commerce sites in 18 markets and offer the most desirable and comprehensive rug assortment available online. Our overall mission is to positively impact all our stakeholders, but with a specific focus on driving environmental, social, and economic development in the geographies where our rugs are made.
RugVista is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market, recorded 2020 revenues of about 560 MSEK, and about 75 people work within our different functions.