Would you like to be part of a high-tech environment in a global company? Take the opportunity to become one of us and work with development of Software for our future products! We are now looking for a System Software Test Engineer with great knowledge in testing cloud- and mobile applications. Emerson is a world leader in high technology radar solutions that make the world safer and more sustainable for people and the environment. We help our customers to make the right decisions, be smarter and find complete innovative solutions. Join us and use your creativity for continuous improvements together with our core values: focus on customer value, keeping commitments and be courageous.
Our System Software products are developed by teams that implements and verifies product requirements setup by our Product Managers. The development work is performed using our Scrum development process in collaboration between Scrum Product Owner, System Architect, Software Architect, Software Engineers and Software Test Engineers. As a Software Test Engineer, you belong to our Engineering & Development department and System Software functional group, with focus on test and verification of our products, and where you follow our products development life-cycle from first prototypes until customer launch.
Your responsibility in the product development is to analyze requirements, setup and maintain applicable test environment, create and maintain automated and manual test cases, perform tests, analyze and report results, evaluate results and suggest product/ process improvements. Furthermore you will together with the System Software Test Lead, Test Engineer and Software Engineers colleagues develop and maintain test strategies, test methods, test environments and test automation frameworks that support the verification of our software products.
We are looking for you with a genuine interest in software and specifically testing. In addition to this we see that you:
- Have a higher degree from IT, Computer science or Electrical engineering
- Have 3-5 years of experience in the software development/testing life-cycle, where you have been working with test automation environments e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Robot Framework and CI/CD environments e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Jira, and virtualization/containerization environments using WMware/Docker
- Have a documented professional experience in developing system network products where areas like cloud computing, network topologies, micro-services, Ethernet and cyber security have been included
- Are an appreciated team member and have a good ability to understand technical documentation and requirements
- Have the ability to creatively plan and create applicable test scenarios/test cases, trouble shooting in software environments, documenting and presenting results for stakeholders
- Are proficient in written and spoken English
It is a merit if you have skills in setting up and configure Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Network settings for a secure and optimal application execution. When we are hiring our new colleague, we put great effort in finding the right personality to fit our team. Therefor we see that it comes natural for you to build partnerships and collaborate with others to meet shared objectives. You thrive in an innovative environment, are curious and love finding solutions in your everyday work.
More about us
You will find us in our modern Innovation center in Mölnlycke, including both manufacturing and development to mention some functions. We are located about 10 minutes from Gothenburg city with good commuting possibilities and free parking. Here, every employee belongs to a highly developmental and innovative environment where everyone has a clear picture of how to contribute to the success of our company. Customer focus, engagement and courage permeates our culture. Our working environment is friendly and positive and combined with locations all over the world, there are plenty of opportunities for personal development. We are actively working with gender equality to increase the number of women both working with Emerson and the whole technology industry.
This role is a permanent position at Emerson, please apply before the 31st of May. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact recruitment consultant Carina Grip at [email protected] or Rebecka Kvarnestedt at [email protected].