Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
At Diet Doctor, we are a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions - not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for those with obesity or type 2 diabetes? How can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way?
Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
- We've been profitable for years, are self-funded, and have no VC investment. Instead, our employees are invited to become co-owners via our employee-stock-offering plan.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, which means we don't need to show any ads or sell any physical products.
- We attract about 5 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (from 20+ different nationalities).
- We're among the top 5 ranked nutrition websites in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com) and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim to always align our work with our four company values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
Our goal is to make the world a better place by empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health.
We believe building a team of top performers - who live by our values and get great things done fast - will significantly increase our ability to make rapid progress toward our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working toward meaningful change alongside other like-minded people.
For Diet Doctor to take the next step on its journey we need a great Senior Frontend Engineer to lead our efforts in making the website amazing. We are building new services for Weight Tracking and enabling people to live healthier lives and you will assist us in that transformation.
In this position, you will work with other developers, recipe creators, and content teams.
What you'll do
- Build great tech products with a focus on frontend that will make it simpler for millions of people to get rid of diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
- Lead some projects within the frontend team, being a big contributor to the frontend architecture and helping decide the roadmap for how we improve and develop our platform and product going forward.
- Help us shape the future of our tech stack. We're in the starting blocks of building the next generation of our platform and you will play an important role in this.
- Together with the team shape how we can further improve our development and release processes, sharing insights from your previous experiences.
- You will inspire your team and be a mentor for junior developers
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to grow within an expanding engineering team and thrive at a company that is on a mission to empower people all over the world to improve their health.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize our teams' happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Trello), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: We'll give you opportunities to make impactful decisions, while also providing the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We encourage growth and the company will cover the cost of courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary, overtime pay, office bonuses, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan (no vesting period, and you're able to keep the shares as long as you want). Additionally, we provide relocation and visa support, free courses and books, free dinner if working late, and access to our company apartment in central Stockholm.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of frontend experience and knowledge with modern frontend technologies (we are using React, Apollo GraphQL, Typescript, and Gatsby).
- You're thoughtful when making decisions and love to learn new things.
- Experience with AWS/GCP, Kubernetes/Docker and CircleCI is a plus.
- You have a sharp eye and a strong intuitive sense of what constitutes great and usable design with a laser focus on making things as simple and beautiful as possible.
- Prior WordPress knowledge is a plus
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station. (Please note: due to COVID, most of us currently work from home. If you have antibodies and feel comfortable, please work from the office. Some of us do.)
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll help with your move and sponsor your visa.
Timing not perfect? Please reach out anyway - we’ll wait for the right person.
Andra webbjobb i Stockholm
- Leg sjuksköterska till akutmottagningen i Visby
- Specialistläkare i Allmänmedicin sökes för fast anställning hos Väsby Läkar
- Customer Success Specialist
- Customer Success Engineer (Business Intelligence-specialist)
- Automation Engineer (junior/mid/senior level)