- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Northvolt has an exciting job opportunity for a IT Support Specialist to join our passionate IT team at our R&D Factory in Västerås. We are looking for a service-minded, solution-oriented team player who can make sure that we offer top-class support to our employees in all things IT. Don't know “all-things-IT" yet? That's fine – keep reading!
Northvolt is positioning itself to play a critical role in the shift to a carbon-free society by building one of the first large-scale European battery factories. In order to execute on our plans we need to make sure that our teams are productive, and that the support we provide them is excellent, professional and delivered with a smile.
We know that quality IT is key to this, but we are also keen to recruit and nurture junior professionals. In joining us you will not only play an important part in the Northvolt mission, but develop yourself and your skills in purpose-driven and thrilling environment.
We are looking for someone with the skills and personality to handle a wide range of IT issues. Whether it’s a Japanese Cell Design Engineer by your desk requiring a software update, a German Automotive Program Manager on the phone needing intranet access, an offline printer or a dodgy network connection in a meeting room, we need someone who can juggle problems, support their colleagues and find solutions!
To be successful in this role, and at Northvolt in general, you need to have a positive and action-oriented attitude, as well as a service-minded approach. You don’t need to be a professional with twenty years’ experience, but it would be ideal if you have some previous involvement in IT support/helpdesk, and it would be even better if you have engaged with start-up environments or other equally mildly action filled (read: chaotic) environments.
Candidates should have broad knowledge in IT and enjoy seeking the latest tools to develop an IT department. You should be passionate about tech and people, and thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, where you’re happy to take the initiative and go that extra mile to find and deliver innovative and creative solutions.
Again, you don’t need to "know it all" yet – we would rather see that you are curious, eager to learn and keen to develop under the wisdom of our senior IT gurus in the direction you imagine your IT career advancing within Support Engineering, Desktop Engineering or Productivity Engineering.
You must be comfortable writing and speaking in English, and Swedish is a plus. (An ability to say "Thank you" and "You’re welcome" in Japanese would be handy too – but we'll teach you that!)
So if we caught your attention and this sounds like a role for you, what are you waiting for?
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering and coordinating hardware orders, licenses, network lines and services
- Working closely together with project managers and HR, and facilitating onboarding
- Setting up necessary training sessions for teams
- Proactive work towards continual improvements of processes, tools and routines
- Handling relations with suppliers and vendors
- Managing Office 365 and backup systems of internal data
- Managing intranet (no coding required)
- Administering office hardware (TV, printer, monitors, keyboards, conference phones etc)
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- Educational background in IT or other relevant educational background
- 1 year of experience working within IT, and/or ability to pass technical case
- Experience from both IT management and IT operations is a plus
- IT security and strategy knowledge is a plus
- Fluent Swedish is a plus
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Experience from working in a fast paced environment
- Service minded and pedagogical
- Highly organized and result-driven
- An eye for detail
- Knowledge in GDPR is a plus
- Good communication skills, problem-solving skills and being polite will take you a long way
- Has a can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment with employees from more than 40 countries
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!