- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you a Statistical Programmer with deep knowledge within clinical development? Would you like to be part of an fast-paced and agile team who has direct strategic impact on drug development, empowered and trusted to innovate? If yes, join us at AstraZeneca Late-Stage CVRM (Cardiovascular Renal Metabolism) Biometrics and get access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline where you'll be involved in a wide range of engaging projects aiming to make a difference for millions of patients.
At AstraZeneca, we work at the cutting edge of science to develop the ground-breaking medicines of the future - here we do things that have never been done before. We put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality, by doing the right things. And we do something that truly matters - using our skillset to make an important difference to society and patients across the globe. We get to make a profound impact with research that makes a clear and tangible difference.
We are now offering exciting opportunities for talented and highly motivated individuals to join us in the role as Senior Statistical Programmers within Late CVRM.
The roles can be based at AstraZeneca's dynamic R&D sites in Gothenburg (Sweden) or Gaithersburg (US).
What you'll do
The role as Senior Statistical Programmer is delivery focused responsible for programming deliverables with quality and timeliness, following established standards and processes. This position requires high technical skills and thorough industry knowledge to independently perform the programming tasks while using judgement about seeking guidance in complex situations.
There are countless learning opportunities here. AstraZeneca is a rapidly growing business, that's investing in all areas, especially technology. We get to explore and stretch our thinking in ways few could imagine. You will work in the Programming department that not only oversees and delivers the programming aspects of analysis and reporting but also manages and maintains our end to end standards and our analysis and reporting production tools. If you want to learn every day, this is the right place for you.
* Collaborates with other team members to provide programming support to deliver technical programming and information components of a study or a project deliverable
* Implements statistical programming aspects of the protocol or clinical development program
* Ensures high quality is built into own deliverables and the deliverables of other programmers on the team
* Programs independently with efficiency and quality
* Writes specifications and oversees completeness of relevant documentation
* Contributes to the development of best practices to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness within function
* Ensures compliance to standards and automation usage
* Initiates team activities and tasks
* Identifies and communicates risk within the assigned studies and/or projects
* Works cooperatively with study team members including but not limited to the statistician, lead programmer, data manager and study leader
* Works cooperatively with contract programming providers
* Contributes to technical initiatives
* Employs basic project management practices in managing programming aspects of drug or technical projects
Essential for the role
* BS in a Mathematical (i.e. Applied Math, Engineering, etc.), Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science subject
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a Pharmaceutical /CRO environment
* Accomplished programming skills including macro language
* Ability to influences stakeholders by providing subject matter expertise on programming related items
* Able to contribute to or leads technical initiatives
* Employs project management practices in managing programming aspects of drug or technical projects
* SAS programming expertise gained within a clinical drug development or healthcare setting
* Good knowledge of CDSIC standards and industry best practices
* Knowledge of database set-up and report publishing requirements
* Intermediate knowledge of the clinical development process
* Implements project management practices
* Ability to apply programming knowledge to problem solving
* Ability to manage relevant documentation
To succeed in this role, you'll be an experienced programmer with good knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to programming within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry. You'll enjoy multitasking, collaborating as part of a global team, and have an appetite for solving problems. You will be an effective communicator, with a strong team focus who enjoys collaborating to achieve the best results.
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Welcome with your application (CV and cover letter) no later than April 30th, 2021. We will review the applications continuously so please apply as soon as possible.