About Heart Aerospace
Heart’s mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Our goal is to serve the market in every corner of the world.
Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. The ES-19 is a fully electric aircraft, and our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.
Your place of work will be at our main office and hangar facility. This is located on Säve Airport in Gothenburg, Sweden. Relocation assistance can be provided. At Heart you’ll be working at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer stock options to all our employees and a challenging and inspiring work environment.
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our small, fast moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team.
Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together.
The Head of Safety & Reliability reports to the Head of Engineering (Chief Engineer) and has broad responsibility for the analysis of all safety, reliability, and maintainability aspects of the aircraft design. You will lead a multi-functional team, covering the Safety Engineering, Reliability Engineering, and Maintainability Engineering, as well as other centralized functions including Environmental Qualification and Human factors/Ergonomics.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership of the safety & reliability team. As a team leader, you will also assist with organizing and hiring the safety & reliability engineering team.
You will also represent the safety & reliability department at program/technical reviews as well as customer/supplier meetings, ensuring the engineering definition meets all stakeholder requirements. You will also ensure adherence to all engineering processes/standards, and participate in design reviews to meet certification, cost, and schedule goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate degree in aerospace, aeronautical similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 20 years experience in an engineering leadership position within an aerospace OEM company environment, including the conceptual and preliminary design phase.
- Experience with aircraft development programs through the entire design, development & certification lifecycle (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization, or international equivalent.
- Direct experience with the safety & reliability aspects of aircraft design and certification within an approved design organization
- Detailed knowledge of systems & safety engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Eagerness to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft and Heart’s mission.
The ideal candidate would have
- Experience working in an aerospace start-up environment.
- Proficiency coordinating activities of engineers internally and in partner supplier companies.
- Working knowledge of airborne hardware & software qualification (DO-254/178)
Heart Aerospace is a Swedish startup making electric regional airplanes. Heart's mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable transportation for regional travel to every corner of the world. Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. Our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.