- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
As a Foliage Foliage Artist you will create high-quality natural assets for PC and consoles. You are expected to take your assets all the way from conceptual mock-ups, to modeling and texturing, to final placement in the environment. We are interested in someone with a strong sense of achieving our high quality game vision and the experience to guide their team there.
We are mainly looking for someone who is proficient with a realistic style but it is a bonus if you can adapt to other art styles as well. You will work closely with our Level Designers and Creatvie Directors to bring our game world to life, shaping it into a believable and immersive place.
- Create organic nature assets such as vegetation, rocks and terrain, using SpeedTree, ZBrush, Maya and Substance.
- Place assets into levels to create beautiful landscapes, while collaborating with our Level Designers to ensure a fun game flow.
- You will also be responsible for the functionality of your assets, such as setup of destruction, and optimization to meet technical requirements.
- Work closely with the Game Director and Concept Artists to maintain a consistent world and support the direction of the game.
We’re looking for an artist who is driven by working together to achieve the artistic vision!
You’re good at absorbing and communicating an artistic vision, self-critique of your own work, and iterate on ways to improve the overall aesthetics. Ideally you have a few years of experience with creating high level art for big game projects and would like to move into a personal studio with a grand vision. We hope you have a lively passion for making and playing games!
- Strong skills in organic modeling and texturing, with an understanding of technical constraints and pipeline, and how it affects asset creation
- Minimum of 3 years experience and at least one shipped title.
- Experience creating art for AAA-level game projects.
- Proficiency with Maya, PBR workflow, and one or more current major game engines such as Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of form, environment composition, silhouette, detail distribution, and lighting.
- Understanding of shaders, either node based construction or code (hlsl).
- Willingness to learn tools, middleware applications, scripting and new techniques.
- Good collaboration and communication skills to work well with other departments.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good knowledge with additional industry standard art packages such as Z-Brush, Substance and Modo.
- Level Design and Scripting experience is a big plus.
- Completed side projects such as indie-titles, mods or equivalent.
- Programming skills.
- A visionary mindset when it comes to exploring game systems and architecture.
Scope: Full-time 40 hours per week, and permanent position at the studio.
Location: Stockholm, Hammarby Sjöstad
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.