Would you like to be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding trucks from Volvo?
Do you see yourself working in an environment that challenges you to combine your theoretical strengths with a more hands on attitude?
Then this might just be the right position for you, so keep on reading.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
At Durability and Safety Testing, you will work alongside some of the most accomplished colleagues in the industry. Our team consists of durability- and safety test engineers and we are all working towards the same goal – to make our customers happy. If you are driven to create a better, safer, and more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO
As our Durability Test Engineer you will be responsible for the planning and execution of durability tests, ranging from validation of components, subsystem to full vehicle data acquisition. The tests will be performed at our internal durability laboratory and the vehicle data acquisition at our proving ground.
As part of your job you will analyze and report identified concerns and work in close cooperation with design engineers and feature engineers to improve the durability performance.
You will also support us in our work to become even better, this by improving our test facilities, test methods and identify verification needs for new technologies.
WHO ARE YOU?
We believe that to be successful in this position you need to have a genuine interest in the automotive industry and mechanical testing. You have a curiosity to find out how things work and practical work comes natural for you. You have a creative personality with ability to generate ideas and have a can-do attitude. We also believe that you have/are:
- A strong customer and end-user mindset
- Ability to lead and coordinate
- Communicative and good at establishing relationships for cooperation
- Well organized and structured with the ability to drive things to completion
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from durability testing within automotive industry
- Understanding of data acquisition systems for vehicle data collection
- Experience from MTS Flextest, RPC Pro and CANalyzer
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience from CAD/design in Catia V5 is consider a merit
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible as we will review applications continuously.
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL ME!
Jennie Sandahl, Manager, Durability & Safety Testing, Phone: +46 765 533 603