- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About Heart Aerospace
Heart’s mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable mode of transport for regional travel. Our goal is to serve the market in every corner of the world.
Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. The ES-19 is a fully electric aircraft, and our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.
Your place of work will be at our main office and hangar facility. This is located on Säve Flygplats in Gothenburg, Sweden. Relocation assistance can be provided.
At Heart you’ll be working at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. We offer stock options to all our employees and a challenging and inspiring work environment.
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our small, fast moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team.
Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together.
The Head of Engineering reports to the Head of the Design Organization, and has broad responsibility as Chief Engineer for the entire design and development of the aircraft. You will lead a multi-functional design team, covering all structural, systems, and common engineering disciplines.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership of the design, analysis, and compliance of the aircraft design, working collaboratively with the airworthiness and system monitoring functions within the design organization, and following the approved Design Organization Handbook (DOH) procedures.
You will also represent the engineering department at program/technical reviews as well as customers/supplier meetings, ensuring the engineering definition meets stakeholder all requirements. The Head of Engineering ensures adherence to all engineering processes/standards, drives concurrent engineering, and participates in design reviews to meet certification, cost, schedule and manufacturability goals.
- Graduate degree in aerospace, aeronautical similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 20 years experience in an engineering leadership position within an aerospace OEM company environment.
- Experience with aircraft certification programs through the entire design, development & certification lifecycle (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization, or international equivalent.
- Direct experience with the role of the Chief Engineer or Engineering Director within an approved design organization.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Eagerness to work with others.
- Passion for aircraft and Heart’s mission.
The ideal candidate would have
- Experience working in an aerospace start-up environment.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761)
Heart Aerospace is a Swedish startup making electric regional airplanes. Heart's mission is to create the fastest, most affordable and sustainable transportation for regional travel to every corner of the world. Our first aircraft is the ES-19, a nineteen-passenger airliner with an operating range of 400 km. Our goal is to have the aircraft certified for commercial operation by 2026.