- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new Middleware and Integration Technologies team responsible for supporting Cytiva’s application portfolio. We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to work with our expert IT team across the world. Do you have a passion for IT enterprise applications and people management? Then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
As a member of the new Cytiva DevOps team, you will partner with application teams, cloud engineers, infrastructure organization and other database administrators to ensure the performance, scalability and reliability of our application ecosystem. You’ll be responsible for the health and security of the databases by collaborating across the organization to deliver robust, stable solutions.
- Monitor and maintain database health and security
- Monitor database performance and configure to optimize performance
- Perform regular database maintenance
- Identify risks and collaborate to develop risk mitigation strategies
- Maintain database standards, including adherence to required policies
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Diagnose and troubleshoot errors, including off-hours as needed
- Assist with schema design, code review and SQL query tuning
- Ensure proper organization of data
- Support application/product releases
- Produce documentation, including data standards, procedures and data dictionaries
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans
- Ensure storage and archiving procedures
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Communicate operational metrics
- Stay current on emerging trends, propose improvement opportunities
- Participate on virtual teams, assigning work, managing backlogs, tracking deliverables and removing roadblocks
- Share best practices across the organization
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other technical / IT field, or similar related industry experience
- 3+ year of experience as a Database Administrator
- Experience in Database Technologies (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Experience in PL/SQL development
- Strong knowledge of data and schema standards and concepts
- Strong knowledge of database design, implantation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- General Unix knowledge
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Very good command of English – spoken and written
Desired characteristics include:
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Solr, Git, Octopus Deploy, MS SQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Docker container in a platform like Kubernetes or OpenStack
- Experience with API Gateways, MFT (high desirable)
- Systems analysis and design experience
- ITIL principles
- Excellent communication skills, presenting, listening and informing. Can communicate up, down and across the organization
- Quick to embrace new technologies and ability to train others
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Client focused attitude
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you’ll feel right at home here. If you’re flexible, curious and relentless, you’ll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our Careers website, Instagram channel and LinkedIn page!
Cytiva is a 3.3 billion USD global life sciences leader with nearly 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world.