Senior tax specialist at FCA Group and Sweden
Are you a team player that enjoys working with Income Tax in an international and flexible environment? Then maybe you are our Senior Tax Specialist.
Our Tax specialist team is responsible for income tax returns and tax accounting for 40 Volvo Group legal Swedish entities, within Financial Control & Accounting. The Tax team is responsible for an overall high quality and compliant tax accounting and tax reporting. As of today, our team consists of six Tax specialist. You will be part of a team of skilled and high performing professionals who work in an open and positive atmosphere with passion and trust in each other. You are interested to work with different types of entities, with different types of interesting questions to investigate in order to both broaden but also increase a deeper knowledge.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
We are now looking for a passionate and driven Senior Tax Specialist to join our team in Gothenburg. You will be responsible for:
- Drive the work within the Tax department in order to ensure compliance
- Drive improvement work regarding the tax process and reporting for Swedish legal entities,
- Preparation, analyses and maintaining income tax records, withholding taxes and reports for some Swedish legal entities and Income tax returns for Swedish legal entities
- Representing the Tax department (contacts with Group Tax, Swedish Tax Agency, Auditors),
- Lead assigned parts of the improvement and digitalization work in the tax compliance process,
- Identifying opportunities to make the overall tax compliance process more efficient (by using different tax technologies, e.g., Robotics, Alteryx, Power BI)
- Compliance in income taxes reporting for Swedish Volvo legal entities (compliance with tax regulations, Swedish GAAP, IFRS and internal AB Volvo Guidelines (FPP) and quality standards)
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you have a professional mindset, and you need to have a genuine interest in Tax and accounting. You are the person with integrity and the ability to work independently, but at the same time enjoy being a team player in a dedicated team. Ability to prioritize comes easy for you and you recognize yourself in being a proactive problem solver and able to take decisions and drive change. You are able to share knowledge and experience and have an open mindset to work in a changing environment.
You have failed, overcame difficulties, and learned from mistakes. You are a natural in building relationships, network, and teamwork with all relevant stakeholders in a virtual international environment. You also have excellent communication and presentation skills, in both Swedish and English.
Experience and skills
To be successful in this role you will need a solid and updated knowledge and experience in
- An academic degree in economics or business law (completed university degree of at least 180hp/120p in economics).
- Experience in accounting, Swedish GAAP
- Working experience in income tax and withholding tax from Swedish perspective
- Experience from Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket), audit company and/or finance department in an international corporation is preferred.
- You have experience in SAP and proficient in Office 365. You need to be proficient in Swedish and English both verbal and written.
What we offer you
Within Financial Control & Accounting you will be part of a team of skilled and high performing professionals who work in an open and positive atmosphere with passion and trust in each other. We are enthusiastic about our work which also involves having a lot of discussions. Daily cooperation with the Corporate Functions and other functions within the company will give you a broad understanding about the Volvo Group and possibilities to work with and learn more about additional areas than your own area of expertise. We offer an interesting and challenging position in a global and changing environment.
You will be part of our TAX and VAT Specialists Team within the Volvo Group and you will have a great opportunity to broaden skills/competencies together with a team of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues.
If you recognize yourself, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Anna Brorsson, Manager of Tax & VAT Specialists +46 765 53 76 11
Cecilia Celestian, HR Business Partner +46 739 02 36 15
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.