We are looking for a Purchasing development Manager that have a proven track record of driving change and have a great understanding of procurement and supply chain.
Saab Procurement has started an exciting journey to drive Operational Excellence and becoming a world leading purchasing organization. We are working in a matrix organization and Group Procurement have a functional responsibility for Global Purchasing at Saab and a business responsibility for indirect material.
Being Purchasing development Manager you will have a responsibility for developing effective processes and tools within Saab Group Procurement. You will be driving development activities to ensuring, best in class, efficient and compliant processes.
In order for you to be successful in this role you need to ensure tight collaboration with the Source to Pay & Digitalization team, the purchasing organization and relevant stakeholders within Group Functions and Business Areas.
In this position you will report to the Head of Source to Pay & Digitalization within Group Procurement.
The main tasks:
* On behalf of Group Procurement Management team, drive development projects and workstreams in close cooperation with the management team and the leader for Process, methods and tools. This will also include preparing of decision material.
* Drive development activities to ensure efficient and compliant processes and governance.
* Work with development of processes, working methods and drive digital development with focus on simplicity for Group Procurement.
* Driver for Source to Pay strategies, processes and policies in close cooperation with Group Finance.
* Identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities.
To fit in this role, you must be confident in yourself, structured, have entrepreneurial drive and the ability to identify challenges and focus on better solutions in a pragmatic way. You have a holistic view and networking skills.
We are looking for a person with:
* Minimum five years of relevant experience, in procurement and/or supply chain and knowledge of process management
* It is desirable that you have a Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in a relevant area - law, business law, economics and business administration, industrial economy or engineering
* You are passionate about improving ways of working and have great interest in digitalization
* You are good at understanding the big picture and finding opportunities for value creation
* You are an excellent communicator with skills in English and Swedish, verbal and written, who can structure and explain complex topics in an educational way for different target groups
* You are a true team player, who can easily engage, involve and lead others
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Saab designs, manufactures and maintains advanced systems in aeronautics, weapons, command and control, sensors and underwater systems. Saab is headquartered in Sweden. It has major operations all over the world and is part of the domestic defence capability of several nations.
Group Procurement is a group function with a functional responsibility for 500 procurement professionals globally and a business responsibility for indirect procurement. Our mission statement is: With expertise, drive and high business acumen, Procurement generates sustainable value, profitability and innovation. We do this through professional business relationships and teamwork.
Within Indirect Procurement we support all Business Areas in Sweden with their Procurement needs. We handle a current total annual spend of ~6 billion SEK giving us a strong customer postion in the market.
The Group Procurement organization consists of 50 experienced colleagues, primarly of buyers and experts within areas such as Category Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Procure to Pay, Legal, Business analysis, Process Method &Tool development and Business Solution Management.
In our team we have an atmosphere characterized by unpretentiousness, we help eachother and share our knowledge with a solution-orientated approach.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.
The position is mainly located in Linköping, work from another location where Saab has an office can be discussed.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. You are welcome to send us your application in either Swedish or English. We are looking forward to read your application!
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.