About Record Union and our mission
We started out back in 2008 with a vision. The power of the music industry should be transferred from the major record labels to independent music makers. ”Liberating music” became our guiding banner.
With no content on our platform, we managed to sign distribution deals with leading digital music services of the time like Spotify, iTunes, and Amazon MP3. Since then Record Union has been helping independent music makers to get their music to fans all over the world.
We are here to make the independent community stronger and the music industry more democratic, accessible, and transparent. We want to break down technical barriers and give independent music makers new opportunities for recognition and acknowledgment.
By combining a strong passion for music with data-driven tech solutions we will continue to liberate music again and again.
About the role
You will be the Product Manager in our Labs team, a team that will focus entirely on innovation and discovering new business opportunities for Record Union. You will spend your days analyzing data, talking to our users, and try to grasp the future of the music industry. In this role, you will break apart the business opportunities that you find and go to the source and frame them in a clear way. You will also work together with the team in finding solutions that bring value to our customers and company. You’ll be working closely with our developers, marketing team, and product team as well as communicating with stakeholders and our management team.
- Product discoveries together with your partners in crime; The Product Designer and the Lead Engineer in your team.
- Owning the backlog of opportunities, prioritize these based on insights and data, and you decide what opportunities to move forward with.
- Understanding the music market beyond distribution. Spot and frame opportunities in the music market and connect them to our business.
- Tests and experiments to get more data/insights and validate your hypothesis.
- Package and present bets and the prioritization of themes to product and tech.
- Planning, retro, grooming, and workshops with your team as well as internal stakeholders.
- Adjacent and transformational innovation
Who are you?
We believe you have Marty Cagan and Milissa Perry posters on your walls. With that said, you have done more product discoveries than you can count and you have a systematic approach. You can use different discovery methods based on the challenges you have ahead of you and you really know what it means to mitigate risks early in the process.
Your favorite part of Product Management is to team up with your Product Designer and Engineers and to understand all aspects of a user problem. We also believe that you are prestigeless and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves along with good communication skills.
Need to have
- At least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Extensive experience in product discoveries, user interviews, and user testing
- Experience from a tech and product organization
Nice to have
- Background in design, marketing, engineering, or business development
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture (https://culture.recordunion.com/) is a core part of what makes Record Union successful. We are looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers, the artists. Ideally you also love playing or making music.
Interviews are held continuously, if you have any questions you can reach out to Julia at [email protected]
Andra webbjobb i Stockholm
- Senior SAP consultant
- Säljare med förbokade kundmöten - DELTID!
- Vi söker B2B säljare till vårt toppmoderna kontor i Kista. Vi erbjuder u...
- Vi söker nya företagssäljare till vårt kontor på Östermalm
- B2B säljare sökes till nyrenoverat kontor i Kista