- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The electrification of cars, trucks and busses is one of the most extensive and disruptive industry transformations ever. Northvolt leads this change and aims to become the leading battery partner for the European automotive industry and set new benchmarks for sustainability and CO2 footprint.
As a Cell Module Mechanical Engineer, you work in a cross-functional team to create the design for Northvolt's automotive modules. You will be responsible for the mechanical design and will align with cell design, thermal simulation, electrical engineering and industrialization.
We believe you have gathered strong experience in mechanical design of cell modules and have worked for automotive projects. You have a genuine technical interest and knowledge and want to drive things. As a person you are structured, love to solve technical problems and meet ambitious targets.
As a part of our Automotive team you will, together with dedicated international colleagues get the chance to build up a world class Automotive module R&D group.
You will be based in Västerås, Sweden with commuting distance to Stockholm. Since most of our customer are based in Central Europe some travel will be required.
At Northvolt we all work tightly together with a low level of hierarchy. What we all have in common is that we are bold and passionate, and in whatever area we contribute to - we do it with excellence. Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Skills & Requirements
- MSc engineering, physics, or related
- Min. 5 years experience from development of cell modules in the automotive industry
- Ability to work well with cross functional technical teams
- Familiarity with Automotive Development Processes is required
- Knowledge of battery industry is required
- Startup and growth company experience is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in PowerPoint and MS Project
- Hands-on experience in 3D CAD (e.g. Catia; Siemens NX) is required
- Experience in FEM simulation is an advantage
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills in both technical and business environments
- German or Swedish language is an advantage
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressure multi-cultural environment
- Thrive working within tight deadlines and excellent at time management
- Have plenty of grit, a can-do attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, a great eye for quality, a sense of humor and a curious mind
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!
Andra webbjobb i Västerås
- Financial Controller till börsnoterad koncern
- Continuum Vård och Omsorg söker omgående undersköterska/vårdbiträde
- Fordonstekniker sökes till däckverkstad i Västerås
- Sommarvikarier Leg sjuksköterska/vaccinatör till Min Doktor Västerås
- Däckskiftare sökes i Västerås