- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Varnish Software is the company behind Varnish Cache, a widely recognized open-source HTTP proxy that significantly enhances web performance and enables digital content delivery. Varnish Cache has experienced a tremendous growth since its inception and currently powers more than 4.7 million websites globally.
Varnish Software is growing on a global market and is now entering a new phase where the Mainstream Enterprise Customers’ market will be addressed even stronger. To prepare for this ramp-up, Varnish Software strengthens its R&D Team!
We are seeking an experienced and hands-on backend-developer with a passion for Code, Linux, Open Source, scalability and software infrastructure, to join our Tools and Platforms team in Karlstad.
The primary objective of the Tools and Platforms team is to make Varnish easier to deploy, configure, monitor and scale. The typical environments we are targeting are running multiple instances in multiple locations.
This objective is achieved by developing easy-to-use administration tools, monitoring tools and working with cloud providers such as AWS, Google and Microsoft to make Varnish available and easy to use in their ecosystems.
The Tools and Platforms team consists of backend and frontend developers and people with several years of experience. They complete each other, and together they architect and build components that are well tested and compatible with modern hosting environments and deployment tools.
As a backend developer, you will strengthen our team developing new products, and maintaining our software, adding features, fixing bugs.
We have a lot of interesting work ahead of us in expanding our Varnish offering, Varnish feature set and scaling to meet demand. We are passionate about Go and Python, clean APIs and have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are key to higher velocity and reliability. If you share our passions then you’ll fit right in.
As part of the Tools and Platforms team, your primary responsibilities are to:
• Work with a brand new microservice platform written in Golang
• Build software that is used by customers every day.
• Maintain and extend our existing software.
• Write tests at different levels to ensure your code really does what you want.
• Contribute with experience to ensure that everything we build is compatible with modern environments and features specific to these such as auto-scaling, service discovery, and containerization.
• Be creative and brainstorm ideas for ways we can further streamline our development process.
• A Self-starter who can take work on an idea and quickly and iterate through feedback.
• Able to research best practices and create, validate and present your findings.
• Able to keep projects going from start to finish.
• Passionate Technical interest and experience in mainly Golang (Go) or similar modern programming languages.
• Experience working with services from AWS, Azure or GCP or similar providers.
• Strong Linux experience, comfortable in both Debian and RHEL based systems.
• Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability and experience of developing applications (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar).
• Experience in designing and building systems that scale.
• English written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer
• Work in a modern IT environment on a global scale.
• Plenty of challenges and opportunities.
• Ability to influence product development, creating administration and analytics tools
• A happy, creative, non-hierarchical work environment in which you are a valued member of our organization
• Involvement in the complete lifecycle of software products
• Interaction and cooperation with top global customers
• An opportunity to showcase your work in community meetups and other conferences where applicable
• Contribute your expertise as part of the support rotation
• An international environment with offices and colleagues all over the world
Varnish Software is a laid-back place to work. But make no mistake: we do take very seriously the work of creating and sharing our software – and have fun doing it. We value flexibility, independence, and trust.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Rekryteringen sker i samarbete med Qtym. Om du har frågor om tjänsten får du gärna kontakta rekryteringskonsult Matilda på telefonnummer 076-495 36 66 alt. [email protected]
Välkommen med sin ansökan!