- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Cell Material Category Purchasing Manager / Specialist to join our passionate procurement team in Stockholm or Västerås.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The Category Purchasing Manager will be in charge of developing and managing a set of suppliers, collaborating closely with Project Purchasing, Process Engineering, Manufacturing (Västerås and Skellefteå factories), Cell Design, Automation, Quality, Logistics and Finance.
The overall mission is to build the supply base from scratch, develop commodity strategies and the panels for the different sourcing activities, recommend the suppliers and the plans for new project and drive supplier optimization related to cost, quality and reliability.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In tight collaboration with Cell Design and other internal functions, develop a supply base that fits Northvolt’s need in terms of technology, quality, reliability, cost competitiveness, capacity, security of supply and match to company values
- Representing the company when discussing with suppliers
- Continuous evaluation supplier’s capabilities and performance versus targets.
- Negotiate best possible contractual conditions with suppliers to help achieve best in class competitiveness of Northvolt, including localization in Europe
- Seeks and implements all possible purchasing synergies
- Works tightly with his/her Cell Design and Process Engineering counterparts or internal Clients (Automation, Quality, Logistics, Programs, Business Development…)
- Works tightly with Northvolt Purchasing Project (Upstream, Projects & Mass Production) and in full consistency with projects objectives.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
- You hold an Engineering degree in Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering
- or You have a Master degree or equivalent with a major in either Finance / Accounting, Commercial, Law, Purchasing
- at least 5 years experience as sourcing manager / sourcing specialist of direct materials from an industrial setting.
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Highly organized and result driven
- Proactive and goes beyond expectation
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
Passionate & purpose driven
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is asap
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems.
All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany.
We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real.
As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Join us today. Together, let’s enable the future of energy!