- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Within R&D, the ART Engine Controls & Diagnostics is responsible for combustion engine control and diagnostics software, and its calibration for hybrid powertrains. We lead the development of robust control solutions with significant parts of in-house development. We launch hundreds of variants of production files every year and improve our software development process continuously to deliver high quality. The work we perform has a major impact on product quality and reliability as well as legal compliance. Within Engine Controls & Diagnostics, the Thermal & Fluids group is responsible for optimized control and calibration of thermal models, thermal coordinators, thermal protection, fuel control, valve train control, and oil pressure regulation for all hybrid powertrains.
This position is challenging, fun and diverse, and offers possibilities within a continuously growing area that has a bright and exciting future ahead and where you have a direct influence on our end product. Efficient combustion engines is one of the most crucial components in our future hybrid cars, and will continue to be so. We are a highly motivated group that enjoys working together on complex technology challenges!
What you’ll do
As Senior Calibration Engineer, your main responsibility will be to secure engine operation by optimizing our software models in engine test cells, in wind tunnels or climate chambers, and in test vehicles on proving grounds. It will be within your role to collect and evaluate large data, to test new software functions together with the software development team, to calibrate and to optimize your field of responsibility in the most efficient way. You will also be able to test vehicles in different environment conditions which requires a willingness to travel worldwide.
As engineer onboard of ICE, your open mind-set and outside-of-the-box thinking contributes to our long-term goal of clever control solutions, efficient calibration and validation methods. While staying close to Product Owners and Technical Experts, you will need a good portion of both high-level thinking but also hands-on attitude.
You and your skills
• Bachelor/Master’ degree within mechanical, mechatronic, electrical or automotive engineering or similar
• Experience in the field of thermal modelling, thermal management, combustion calibration, application, or validation
• Very good knowledge in INCA and Python
• Strong analytical skills as well as being able to execute tests “hands-on” on short notice
• Ability to handle a big amount of data, to analyse and to synthesize in an effective and understandable way
• A curious personality with a team-player mind-set who likes to take initiatives within the group
• Driver license valid in Sweden comparable to class B or BE
• You are fluent in spoken and written English
• Experience in writing scripts for data analysis, automated calibration, software deployment, advanced vehicle handling, test facility operations and/or with flashing ECUs
• Good knowledge in Matlab/Simulink
• Knowledge in an adjacent field within combustion engine calibration or control
• You worked in an agile environment before
How to learn more and apply
Is this you? Don’t wait with your application! We start the recruitment process immediately and would like to receive your application at the latest December 20th 2020. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted. Interviews will be held continuously. For questions about the position please contact hiring manager Christian Glatzer at [email protected]. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Catharina Skog at [email protected].