- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Help us simplify the world – beyond keys and pins!
We make things better – replacing keys and pins with biometrics – improving security, saving time and making life more convenient. With your curiosity, engagement, brilliant ideas and our knowledge of biometric technology, we can make genius things together!
About the company
Fingerprints is a leading global biometric company and our solutions are integrated into millions of devices and applications and used billions of times every day. We develop and deliver secure and convenient identification and authentication systems and create value by facilitating the everyday lives of our global user base. Fingerprints biometric systems consist of sensors, algorithms, software and packaging technologies. Our success is built on product development with leading specialist competence that spawns world-leading products in terms of security, user convenience and performance.
When joining us, you will become a part of a friendly, diverse and skilled team where we encourage each other to collaborate, come up with new ideas, share experiences and have fun.
To further strengthen our Sensor packaging team in Gothenburg, we are now seeking a Card System Engineer! Maybe it’s you we are looking for?
Our Sensor packaging team is responsible for developing hardware solutions utilized in smartcard-based payment systems. This includes recommending the appropriate packaging technology, evaluating adhesives and other critical materials, running engineering builds at Asian or European sub-contractors, exploring coating options and executing reliability testing. The team is also creating new packaging concepts for next generation products, supporting new customer engagements, as well as developing reference designs for smartcard systems.
What you will do?
As a Card System Engineer within the area of fingerprint sensor packaging, you will play an important part in developing our internal smart card reference system, including secure element (SE), microprocessor and fingerprint sensor. The card reference system is aiming to further strengthen our support towards customers and partners, but also to serve a development platform for next generation of sensor embedding solutions.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Take an active part in developing a functional card system (electronic system)
• Understand and build further knowledge in the area of power harvesting
• Drive activities to further understand system requirements and limitations in the ecosystem
• Understand how to protect our card system from electrostatic discharges and similar events
• Take an active part in identifying and suggesting upgrades in future FPC products
• Interact with suppliers as well as customers when needed
In this role you will work in close collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues, and you are expected to have a strong personal drive and be able to progress your tasks independently. Engineering seniority is required.
To succeed in this role, it is important that you …
• identify yourself with our values: SMART, BRAVE, OPEN, UNITED
• have a strong technical background and a keen interest in technological advancement
• have a positive problem-solving attitude and are open to unconventional ideas
• are able drive assignments independently and to self-manage priorities
• are structured, ambitious and enjoy working in a small and entrepreneurial company
Furthermore, you …
• have a Master or PhD in the relevant technology area, such as in electronics, physics, or the equivalent
• have previous experience from HW development and component selection
• are have a good understanding of embedded systems and related limitations
• have previous experience from the smart card business area and related components
• speak and read English fluently
• are flexible when it comes to international traveling (post Covid-19)
Send in your application as soon as possible, but no later than February 12, 2021: http://www.fingerprints.com/career. The selection process will start as soon as we receive applications. Please note that due to GDPR, applications by email will not be accepted.
For questions about this position, contact recruiting manager, Mats Slottner OPAS/R&D,
+46 733 607838 [email protected]
Come join our team of dedicated, bright and friendly people at Fingerprints! We guarantee it will be a fun ride!