CEVT is an innovation and technology company within the Geely Group. We are at the forefront of mobility, delivering advanced technology in game-changing projects.
Motion&Energy at CEVT is the system Provider for all aspects of Motion and Energy usage in a vehicle, thus ensuring that the driver and passenger's expectation on drivability are met under all conditions. Unlike a traditional engineering Center or an OEM, we are capable of enhancing our deliveries by integrating several aspects with the common goal of meeting customer demands for Motion and energy. As owners of the system and with forward looking organizational structure, we envision the path for the future by developing innovative functions and components together with smart software to create the most value for the customer.
As VP ADAS/AD you are responsible to maintain and build up the ADAS/AD Team to secure Milestone deliveries for the first running project but also looking forward to developing attributes and functions for the next level of ADAS/AD System. You will define the next focus points and drive the proposed projects to a success. Including involving outside partners and build relationships to participate and include new aspects of ADAS/AD into the team. You will oversight and drive system safety and all other aspects of attributes related to ADAS/AD. You will also be responsible to secure strategic Global Workload balance with the China Geely Engineering center to execute the projects in the most efficient way.
You will direct report to the Senior Vice President Motion & Energy. Based on our lean Management Structure and as Attribute owner for ADAS/AD you will report project deliveries direct to the dedicated Vehicle Project Manager. In addition, you will work close together with our Innovation Team to align and drive AE and/or Innovation projects to define the future of CEVT in regards of your responsibility. You will lead the definition of system architecture designs for autonomous vehicles and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) for all current and future vehicle platform developed by CEVT.
As Vice President ADAS/AD you will be responsible for a team of 2 directors and overall 25 engineers with the intention to grow rapidly to fulfill the future expectation on capability and IP grow. At CEVT you will be part of global company with people who want to do great things and enjoy doing it. We encourage initiative, believe in a multicultural environment and enjoy helping other grow. That’s cornerstones in your leadership as well.
As Vice President ADAS/AD you will be based in Lindholmen, Gothenburg.
Responsibilities and deliverables
- Developing and leading the ADAS/AD Engineering team.
- Ensuring a good interaction and workload balancing globally with Geely China Engineering Center.
- Secure the project deliveries in time, with quality and cost- and efficiency focus on all developed products.
- Secure and extend the state of knowledge of CEVT/Geely based on the given responsibility.
- Work close with several internal stakeholders, external partners, colleagues at Geely China.
- Support and drive discussion with all Geely Brands like Lotus, Volvo, Polestar, to secure technologies will be shared and secure commonality inside Geely based on his responsibility.
- Develop strategies to increase benchmarking activities like proactively work with supplier network/partnerships for joint projects to strengthen technology leadership.
- Support and be an active partner to develop the strategic roadmap for future ADAS/AD systems based on the available technologies for Geely.
- Manage and plan the necessary investment in the different workshops to secure leadership in ADAS/AD Systems.
We are looking for an true leader with experience from ADAS/AD development. You have a good ability to motivate people, even in an ever-changing environment, combined with effective and excellent planning and problem-solving skills with a perseverance to strive for goals and make decisions. Your strategic and managerial skills help you to understand the market, future needs and create a flexible organization which can develop different ADAS/AD Systems in a flexible and efficient way.
You have an extraordinary eye for identify and develop high potential talents inside the company.
Suitable background and experience
- Minimum M.Sc. or PhD in Computer Science and/or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- 10-15 years experience of automotive, ADAS/AD development.
- Knowledge about trends and applicability of new ADAS/AD technologies and experience from strategy work and deep understanding of the simulation-based testing market.
- Efficient and excellent planning skills.
- Cultural sensitivity, especially Asian - European culture
For more information please contact:
Thomas Mueller, SVP Powertrain, [email protected] for questions regarding the position.
Kristina Larsson, Senior recruiter, [email protected], +46 72 988 85 44 for questions regarding the recruitment process.
Last Application date: 2021-01-24.
Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you.
In the recruitment process for this role a background check will be carried out for the final candidate.
Working at CEVT
We are engineers, developers and innovators from around the world. Joined together by entrepreneurship, our unique blend of Chinese and Scandinavian culture and a belief in a smarter more sustainable future.