- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Senior Legal Counsel in Stockholm, Sweden or in Hennigsdorf, Germany
About the role
The Senior Legal Counsel works in the legal department of the Rolling Stock (ROS) Division and is responsible for legal matters of bid activities and projects in execution. The scope of work furthermore comprises corporate affairs of entities in his/her Division, as well as other legal affairs and compliance matters. Focus of this job is the provision of legal advice, the negotiation with third parties (incl. drafting of legal documents) and compliance with BT policies (incl. the obtaining of mandates) that relate to legal aspects of the business.
The Senior Legal Counsel will handle bids and projects with a large size and with a substantial degree of complexity (incl. public private partnerships or strategic bids & projects, difficult terms & conditions).
The Senior Legal Counsel brings in considerable experience and expertise in relation to his/her key responsibilities and/or has the ability to lead and influence others across functional and organizational lines.
• Pre-Bid Stage: Analyze the bidding documents (ITT, RFQ, RFP etc.) and identify issues; advice on bidding strategy & set-up; responsibility for bidding agreements (incl. memorandum of understanding and sales representative agreement).
• Bid Stage: Joint risk analysis and mitigation strategy for multi-functional issues & gaps with relevant functions; preparation of contract summaries and obtaining mandates; responsibility for the terms & conditions of the BT offer; responsibility for teaming agreements (consortium/partnership agreement, shareholders’ agreement) and key sub-supplier agreements; coordination of inter-regional/divisional agreements.
• Preferred Bidder Stage: Negotiation of the supply & service agreements, securities (incl. parent company guarantees and bonds); responsible for public procurement law review procedures (defensive & offensive).
Projects, Claims & Litigation:
• Support to projects on commercial, contractual and claim aspects of customer, partner & supplier contracts.
• Responsibility for related and non-project related litigation (incl. court proceedings and alternative dispute resolution).
Corporate & Legal Affairs, Compliance:
• Responsible for corporate affairs of legal entities that are based in Sweden.
• Responsible for legal matters such as real estate leases, health, safety & environment matters, research & development agreements and transfer of technology agreements.
• Provide compliance training to board members and other functions (incl. corporate law, anti-trust law, anti-corruption law).
• Manage engagement of external legal consultants.
• University degree in law with an above-average exam and, preferably, a focus on contract or business law;
• Additional qualifications (e.g. master degree, PhD, specialist certification) would be an asset;
• Experience in an international law firm would be an asset;
• At least 5 years of experience of which at least 2 years in the Contracts function of company comparable to BT;
• Proven experience in a key role in more than one complex bids or projects;
• Experience in commercial law, competition law, international contracts;
• Ability to work autonomously, but also within a team;
• Very good interpersonal skills;
• Availability for occasional business travels.
• Fluent in English and preferably also a Scandinavian language.
If you are interested, apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.