- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Senior Engineering Manager to join our newly formed Create Content Domain in Core News Product.
As a Senior Engineering Manager for the Create Content Domain in CNP you will manage an Engineering organization (Domain) and have the overall responsibility of the technical roadmap, the quality of our products and the deliveries of our Engineering teams.
About Core News Product
Core News Product (CNP) is a suite of products and tools empowering the creation and distribution of journalistic content. The CNP suite contains a set of content creation tools for the newsrooms and technology solutions and presentation framework for end-user products.
The scope of CNP is increasing and will soon also include more common solutions shared across Editorial Product & Tech and our Newsrooms. As part of this growth we are transforming our organizational structure into “Domains - Areas of responsibility” - to be better equipped to meet future demands and draw synergies between teams.
About Create Content Domain
This domain is created to provide our great journalists with world class tooling. We already deliver tools and services that are being used by all of Schibsted’s Newsrooms, and now we are further extending the platform with additional tools and services.
In this role you will:
- Take an active role and participate in the development of our products and organization from both a strategic perspective as well as taking an active part in our daily operations.
- Be responsible for and manage an Engineering organization (Domain), currently having 4 Engineering Managers as direct reports, where you will be accountable for their output and ensuring they meet the set goals and objectives.
- Be expected to advocate modern software development practices, drive continuous improvements and to ensure a strong technical foundation and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with your Product counterpart to find technical solutions that give the right impact to deliver on CNP’s mission, vision and goals.
- Facilitate and maintain high levels of teamwork, collaboration and alignment with other Engineering teams and Domains across CNP as well as other teams within Schibsted.
- Work in a distributed environment, leading team members in Sweden, Norway and Poland. Ability to travel is required.
- You have a solid technology background and hands-on experience in software development. You thrive to challenge existing technical solutions, welcome different perspectives - and have the ability to create a clear technical direction with vision for a future state.
- This is not your first management role. You have led senior team members before and everything from recruitment, performance enablement, team dynamics and tech strategy to evangelize great engineering and organizational practices come naturally to you.
- You have a track record of delivering successful products as an Engineer and Manager, have a strong sense for ownership and take responsibility for the success of a team or teams.
- You are able to keep a good balance of technical depth and interpersonal skills, and hold the ability to keep/have a broader view on how to strategically develop our platform to meet new business needs.
- You have great communication skills, being able to present technical solutions clearly - regardless of audience/receiving part.
- You are passionate about sharing information and knowledge, it comes natural for you to document best practices, host workshops and hold lectures.
Product & Tech is responsible for product development in News Media. The unit consists of product managers, software engineers, UX experts, and user researchers. A big part of our work is developing joint technology platforms for Schibsted’s news brands. These include platforms for content production and distribution, digital subscriptions, and advertising. Most of our teams work distributed, with colleagues in Oslo, Stockholm, Krakow, Gdansk, Bergen, and Stavanger.