- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Modis Life Science is looking for a Solid State Scientist for a Consultancy Assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This assignment is planned to start in January 2021 for initially 12 months. Send your application as soon as possible, no later than November 25th.
About the assignment:
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you´re our kind of person.
Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca deliver the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes, and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) across all the AstraZeneca therapy areas.
Our vision is to be "pharmaceutical science leaders, creating innovative and cost-effective solutions, shaping the diverse therapies of the future".
We´re looking for a talented and motivated Solid State Scientist or Senior Scientist level depending on your background and experience. This position will sit in our analytical and solid state characterization team within Early Product Development and Manufacturing (EPDM) in Gothenburg, Sweden.
What you will do
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated and collaborative team. Together we will deliver the solid-state science to product development within the early portfolio from discovery up to phase II.
You will become a core member of the global solid-state skill community which is responsible for ensuring suitable physical form screening, selection and control within drug substance and product. You will get the opportunity to deliver solid-state support to the drug projects you are working in, contributing to the progression of these projects.
To be successful in this role you will need a scientific background within solid state with good skills in written and verbal communication and with a positive problem-solving attitude. You are a driven experimentalist, with a passion to deliver highly relevant and reliable data to support our projects.
Essential for the role
• Graduated with relevant experience in the area of solid-state chemistry, physical chemistry or related discipline.
• Experience in solid state screening and characterization (e.g. X-ray diffraction techniques, Raman and NMR spectroscopy, thermal analysis, microscopic techniques, moisture sorption analysis etc.), a good awareness of methodology and an enthusiasm for laboratory-based work.
• Great collaboration and communication skills.
Desirable for the role
• A PhD within or related to solid-state chemistry or graduated with relevant experience in the area of solid-state chemistry, physical chemistry or related discipline.
• Postdoc experience and/or 2 years industry experience.
• In depth knowledge in solid form assessments.
• Experience of working with and characterize amorphous materials.
• In depth understanding of how the physicochemical and solid-state properties of a drug effect the drug product development.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it´s yours.