- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Graniten is a global provider of machine solutions to the pharmaceutical manufacturing and healthcare automation sector. We have built turn-key solutions since 1992 and today we offer products ranging all the way from custom innovations to full-scale production equipment. Global pharmaceutical companies and healthcare suppliers are the testimony to our exceptional service. At Graniten, our core purpose is to empower our customers and help them improve their production and workflow to continuously improve patient care and security. Our core values of Partnership, Passion and Teamwork, Innovation, Ownership, Continuous Improvement – these values speak to who we are and what we believe. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to be part of apply today and let’s work together for a bright future.
Strategic Buyer and Commodity Manager
We are looking for a person who would like to take on the opportunity to drive and build up our purchasing and sourcing operations.
The purchasing function is a key role for Granitens future growth and you will be working in a cross functional team with sales, development, production and quality, supporting our development projects and production. This position is for a “working manager” that will spend time performing sourcing and purchasing, i.e you will both place purchase orders, follow up as well as manage the long term performance of the supply base. You will develop strategies for the function with the potential to build a team with direct reports. This position comes with the opportunity for a leadership role in the company reporting directly to our Manager for Production, Purchasing and Quality.
As a Strategic Buyer and Commodity Manager your key responsibilities will be; 1) to lead sourcing activities within all our core categories and manage strategic suppliers to drive spend management 2) secure the purchases for our development projects and production to ensure that right material is on right time. You will be responsible for strategic sourcing activities as well as operational purchasing. Furthermore, you will drive continuous improvement with suppliers and reduce cost. You will also liaise with key stakeholders and ensure that the right collaboration and level of communication works both internally and externally.
Your assignment also includes:
- Lead local sourcing negotiations – aligned with strategic plan – in collaboration with other internal functions
- Lead and participate in local supplier discussions and manage the business relationships with relevant suppliers
- Execute purchases to development projects and production
- Give input to and participate in major global supplier discussions
- Identify inefficiencies in relevant processes and define targets for improving the inefficiencies together with relevant functions.
- Measure, follow up and continuously improve overall compliance and supplier performance
- Benchmark activities and analysis of market trends
- Develop the supply base into performing, competitive partners
- Ensure contract coverage to support business goals
- Bring innovation and market insight to internal stakeholders in close collaboration with our development team
- Provide reporting, insights, and recommendations to top management team.
As a person, you are a highly motivated natural leader. You have great communication skills and the ability to influence, coach, and communicate at all levels of the organization to achieve results. You have a proven track record of understanding business, core purchasing processes and tools operating in a complex project environment.
To succeed in this position, we believe you have strong business acumen, including ability to diagnose and analyse problems and drive appropriate solutions. You are analytical and structured, and you can work independently and systematically.
We are looking for someone with a university degree, with at least five years of experience within operational purchasing and strategic sourcing in an international environment. You speak and write Swedish fluently and are accustomed to use English as a working language.
You also have:
- Industrial or similar Commodity expertise and knowledge
- Experience from tactical sourcing and purchasing from manufacturing industries
- Experience from leading and own supplier engagement
- The understanding of external market dynamics and ability to bring innovation to the internal stakeholders
- Excel leadership skills in influencing and listening
- Ability to manage an intercultural business environment
- Excel knowledge of project management
- Financial understanding and capabilities
- Degree of strategic thinking
- Team player who embraces responsibility and wants to be part of a winning team.
For more information about the position, contact Dan Engsfelt, Purchasing, production and quality Manager +46-703-519525, [email protected]
GRANITEN ENGINEERING AB
451 76 Uddevalla
We welcome your application as soon as possible, selection is done continuously.