Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
Diet Doctor is a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions, not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for issues like obesity or type 2 diabetes? And how can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way? Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
We will do four things to make significant progress towards our purpose:
- Create the best Swedish low-carb resource online (done - up to 10 team members)
- Create the best global low-carb resource online (almost done - up to 100 team members)
- Create the best healthy weight-loss resource online (the next challenge - up to 1,000 team members)
- Create the best healthy lifestyle resource online (up to 10,000 team members and beyond)
- We've been profitable for years, are self-funded and have no VC investment. Instead we’re owned by the 50+ people who work here.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, so we don't need to show any ads or sell any products.
- We attract about 9 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (20+ different nationalities).
- We're the top ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com), and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim for everything we do to be based on four values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness. We want to do whatever we can to make the world a better place while we’re here. Empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health is our way of doing that.
We believe that building a team full of top performers (people who live our values and get great things done fast) will significantly increase our ability to make fast progress towards our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working towards meaningful change together with other like-minded people.
At Diet Doctor, we strive for greatness, and our ultimate goal is to rank #1 on Google for the topics that we cover. To achieve this and further our mission, we are looking to hire a supremely talented Senior Web Content Developer with exceptional HTML and page layout design experience.
In this position, you’ll work to improve the user experience across our various platforms. This will involve designing, developing, and maintaining our content’s look and feel, including our informational guides, news content, recipes section, landing pages, and more.
By helping us create an even more user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing site, you’ll play a vital role in significantly enhancing our product.
What you'll do
- Utilize HTML coding language to produce unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content of the highest quality.
- Collaborate with Diet Doctor’s various teams, including Engineering, Video, Editorial, Recipes, Design, and UX, to create world-class page layouts.
- Rethink our current WordPress-based website templates, find new ways to make them great, and continuously update and improve them.
- Instruct others on how to implement these improved templates in a clear, step-by-step manner.
- Work alongside our various content teams (SEO/editorial/video) to support in determining the type, quality, and quantity of content needed for the website.
- Monitor web traffic to ensure the success of various pages, together with our analysts and Growth Marketing team.
- Oversee quality assurance of our content from a page layout perspective and act as the “last line of defense” before content is presented to the user.
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to shape Diet Doctor’s brand and user experience - contributing to a world-class brand that strives to dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: You would be our first Web Content Developer with significant responsibilities and opportunities to take on challenging tasks. We'll give you lots of power to make decisions but we'll also provide the support you need to do great things and learn fast.
- Generous compensation: We offer a competitive salary, overtime pay, office bonuses, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan (no vesting period, and you're able to keep the shares as long as you want). Additionally, we provide relocation and visa support, free courses and books, free dinner if working late, a wellness allowance of 5,000 SEK annually, and so more. We also take great company trips; we've previously traveled to the Caribbean, France, and Spain.
Who you are
- You have an impressive work portfolio, showing an exceptionally high level of skill, scope, knowledge, and creativity.
- You’re smart, driven, highly organized, detail-oriented, hard-working, and have valuable experience in a similar position, either within a company or as part of a Digital Marketing Agency.
- You’re able to conceptualize cutting-edge ways of presenting information to users through design and then expertly execute these ideas.
- You care deeply about the effectiveness of your design decisions and can find ways to pivot if specific approaches aren’t serving our audience or company goals.
- Knowledge of best practices for on-page Search Engine Optimization is a bonus.
- You believe in the importance of our values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness.
- You have a strong desire to do something meaningful.
- You love to work independently and to get things done fast while maintaining consistently high standards. A “perfectionist” at...