Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
Diet Doctor is a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions, not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for issues like obesity or type 2 diabetes? And how can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way? Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
We will do four things to make significant progress towards our purpose:
- Create the best Swedish low-carb resource online (done - up to 10 team members)
- Create the best global low-carb resource online (almost done - up to 100 team members)
- Create the best healthy weight-loss resource online (the next challenge - up to 1,000 team members)
- Create the best healthy lifestyle resource online (up to 10,000 team members and beyond)
- We've been profitable for years, are self-funded and have no VC investment. Instead we’re owned by the 50+ people who work here.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, so we don't need to show any ads or sell any products.
- We attract about 9 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (20+ different nationalities).
- We're the top ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com), and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim for everything we do to be based on four values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness. We want to do whatever we can to make the world a better place while we’re here. Empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health is our way of doing that.
We believe that building a team full of top performers (people who live our values and get great things done fast) will significantly increase our ability to make fast progress towards our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working towards meaningful change together with other like-minded people.
We have the best content in the world in the keto & low-carb niche. While our users love the guides, recipes, meal plans, videos, and success stories we provide, many need more to succeed.
The challenge for you as a product manager and us as a company is to help us:
- Take our content to the next level - beyond anything that has ever been done before - through smart product thinking. For example, if someone searches online for the keto diet or anything related to that, how can we create a product that would answer the user's search intention in innovative ways that are leaps and bounds more useful than the traditional way of doing this?
- Truly become a health-tech company that combines content with smart technology to makes it less hard to eat low carb over the long term. We have a number of plans for how to do this and you will be part of shaping these. For example, we want to personalize people's eating experience, create a meal-delivery service, track people's progress and tailor our advice accordingly, create a coaching platform and a social community, enable healthcare professionals and gyms to use our meal plans with their customers, etc.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the team to figure out what products we should create and then drive the work to create products that will delight customers - on the website, iOS and Android apps.
- Engage with customers through a variety of channels, to understand their needs and serve as their advocate.
- Work closely with engineering, content, UX, and design to create detailed and high-quality product specifications.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational load.
- Research and evaluate multiple competing APIs and providers and test and ascertain which APIs and integrations are most appropriate for the evolution of our apps and platform.
- Drive the work needed to take products to market.
- Run smart product launches.
What's in it for you?
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to create digital products that could dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a massively driven, ambitious, and inspiring culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by tracking employee satisfaction, using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work.
- Rapid growth: People at Diet Doctor love to grow. We'll give you lots of responsibility but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We urge you to keep growing and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend within reason.
- Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary, overtime pay, and owning a meaningful part of the company through our employee stock offering (you have never heard of a better shares program).
Who you are
- Minimum of 5 years of product-management experience with internet businesses and subscription-based services (websites and iOS/Android apps).
- You have been a key part in building very impressive and successful digital products in the past. You have strong product experience from impressive startups and fast-growing companies.
- You are very driven and ambitious. You want to empower a billion people and are crazy enough to think you can.
- You love building products that are truly great. You care about building simple and beautiful user experiences, and create stunning digital products users love.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar).
- Previous software development experience (as a developer or a tester) is a big plus.
- Proficiency with APIs and services and able to test and ascertain if APIs are fit for purpose
- Strong track record of understanding user needs.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results. Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- You understand technology and how to...