Our hungry recipe team in central Stockholm is looking for a fellow low-carb foodie - a native English speaking Content Manager that will take our food related content to the next level. Are you our missing ingredient?
Diet Doctor is a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions, not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for issues like obesity or type 2 diabetes? And how can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way? Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
We will do four things to make significant progress towards our purpose:
- Create the best Swedish low-carb resource online (done - up to 10 team members)
- Create the best global low-carb resource online (almost done - up to 100 team members)
- Create the best healthy weight-loss resource online (the next challenge - up to 1,000 team members)
- Create the best healthy lifestyle resource online (up to 10,000 team members and beyond)
- We've been profitable for years, are self-funded and have no VC investment. Instead we’re owned by the 50+ people who work here.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, so we don't need to show any ads or sell any products.
- We attract about 9 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (20+ different nationalities).
- We're the top ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com), and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim for everything we do to be based on four values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness. We want to do whatever we can to make the world a better place while we’re here. Empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health is our way of doing that.
We believe that building a team full of top performers (people who live our values and get great things done fast) will significantly increase our ability to make fast progress towards our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working towards meaningful change together with other like-minded people.
We want to become the most loved and used recipe site in the world for healthy recipes and meal planning. You will be a key player to make this happen by producing world-class content and contributing with your knowledge, and positive energy to the team.
What you'll do
- Improve, update and create new SEO-optimized recipe collection pages and hub pages leading to a #1 position on Google for that term.
- Ensure that our recipes are top-notch: correct with clear instructions, and inspiring descriptions that follow our food policy and guidelines.
- Plan, publish and create engaging content for our English blog and, social media channels (mainly Instagram and Facebook).
- Create tailored inspiring and practical weekly meal plans.
- Support our users by answering their recipe or meal plan related questions in a professional and friendly way.
- Manage and make sure our collaborations with external recipe creators and influencers become a success.
Who you are
- You are so passionate about low-carb food that it has become a part of your healthy lifestyle.
- You are a native English speaker with impeccable written and spoken language skills. You have a strong connection to the US and knowledge about North American domestic ingredients and food culture.
- You have accomplished something impressive within your field that you are very proud of.
- You have an evidence-based nutritional education of some degree.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Content Manager or Web Editor.
- You have a relevant college degree in digital communication with a focus on copywriting and/or journalism.
- You are solution-oriented, organized, positive, driven, open-minded, and creative with an eye for details. You see feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- You enjoy working independently but are also a team player who helps out when needed.
- You believe in the importance of our values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration and goodness.
- You have a strong desire to do something meaningful.
- You are any age, nationality, gender identification, religion, etc. We welcome a diversity of people, backgrounds and experiences
- You are a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- Fluent in spoken and written Swedish and live in Sweden.
- Can understand Spanish.
- Worked in the food industry as a chef, with food magazines, recipe sites, or cookbooks.
- Experience with WordPress and HTML.
- Experience with the planning tool Trello.
What's in it for you
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to prove to the world that healthy food can be both delicious and simple to make.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: We'll give you lots of power to make decisions but we'll also provide the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We urge you to keep growing and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: We offer a competitive salary, overtime pay, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan, and more.
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station. (Please note: due to COVID, most of us work from home at the moment. If you have antibodies and feel comfortable, please work from the office. Some of us do.)
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll help with your move and sponsor your visa.
Timing not perfect? Please reach out anyway - we’ll wait for the right person.