- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you someone who wants to make the world a better place, who is not content to work for yet another company the world doesn't need?
Diet Doctor is a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health. We focus on lifestyle interventions, not medication or surgery.
What are the important components of a healthy lifestyle for issues like obesity or type 2 diabetes? And how can people implement this lifestyle in a sustainable way? Currently, no major health organization in the world has an effective answer. We aim to change that.
We will do four things to make significant progress towards our purpose:
- Create the best Swedish low-carb resource online (done - up to 10 team members)
- Create the best global low-carb resource online (almost done - up to 100 team members)
- Create the best healthy weight-loss resource online (the next challenge - up to 1,000 team members)
- Create the best healthy lifestyle resource online (up to 10,000 team members and beyond)
- We've been profitable for years, are self-funded and have no VC investment. Instead we’re owned by the 50+ people who work here.
- We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- We’re fully funded by our members, so we don't need to show any ads or sell any products.
- We attract about 9 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (20+ different nationalities).
- We're the top ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dietdoctor.com), and have strong Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Diet-Doctor-Reviews-E2389502.htm) ratings.
At Diet Doctor, we aim for everything we do to be based on four values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness. We want to do whatever we can to make the world a better place while we’re here. Empowering people everywhere to dramatically improve their health is our way of doing that.
We believe that building a team full of top performers (people who live our values and get great things done fast) will significantly increase our ability to make fast progress towards our purpose.
That’s why we're passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working towards meaningful change together with other like-minded people.
Help us build a brand new world-class iOS app and improve on our 4.8+ rating in the App Store. Help us scale to millions of users. Build new features. Work on growth of the app (acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and resurrection)
What you'll do
- A couple of years ago we released an iOS app to our users where they can browse more than 700 free and delicious low-carb and keto recipes and create customisable meal plans. This was built using Swift. We are sunsetting this app and building a brand new one with the latest architecture and modern techniques in mind.
- We want to build all future apps on React Native. You will be a key part in building the foundation and influencing the technologies used for creating this.
- You will be driving the iOS app development together with the engineering team and be part of deciding the roadmap for how we improve the app and product going forward.
- The company grows fast and with that comes new technical challenges. You will play an important role in helping us shape the future of our tech stack. We always try to improve our development and release processes, and we want you to be part of this and share your insights.
What's in it for you?
- Support with your Personal Growth: We pay for books, courses and conferences you need to continue improving and growing your skills. You will also have the opportunity to grow in new and different areas that interest you
- Great compensation: We offer a very competitive salary, overtime pay, office bonuses, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through our employee-stock-offering plan (no vesting period, and you're able keep the shares as long as you want).
- Laptop of your choice and mobile phone with sim card.
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to work on the creation of our new frontend stack and work on products that could dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a massively driven, ambitious, and kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work-time via our dedicated Engineering Focus Time™ slots.
- Rapid growth: People at Diet Doctor love to grow. You will have lots of ownership and autonomy, but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast. We urge you to keep growing and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend.
- In addition, we provide relocation & visa support, access to our company apartment in central Stockholm, great company trips (we've previously travelled to the Caribbean, France, and Spain for example), and more.
Who you are
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- You are an expert react-native developer with native IOS experience.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Experience with Typescript, Apollo, and Go is a plus.
- Experience with Go and making server-side changes that affect the APIs your apps use is a plus.
- Work with team members to define the purpose, scope, UX, design, and technical solutions for iOS apps.
- You can make art out of Canvas and build custom views when the framework is not enough, but also know when to stick with iOS’ design principles and interface guidelines.
- Be a key member of the wider team at DietDoctor and contribute to core technical discussions.
- Finally, you are someone who wants to do their part in truly making the world a better place.
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from our beautiful and airy headquarters in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station. (Please note: due to COVID, most of us work from home at the moment. If you have antibodies and feel comfortable, please work from the office. Some of us do.)
Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we'll he...