- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are looking for a creative and highly skilled animation lead for Second Extinction, our well received Dinosaur slaying FPS, currently in Early access on Steam and developed by Systemic Reaction in our Malmö studio.
As Lead Animator you’ll work hands-on with character animation, driving a team of animators and technical animators. The ideal candidate would have experience with character and creature animation, mo-cap, facial animation, skeletal construction and point weighting. You will also have a focus on quality control for the animations created on the team and influence the work in the group. The candidate must be good with people and able to work well collaborating with other disciplines, contributing on many levels to the project to achieve the best results possible.
This is a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play an instrumental and leading role in a small but senior team working on this exciting and very “Avalanche style” game. If you are a person who likes being challenged and the idea of working on a role that combines creativity with leadership then this job is ideal for you.
- To plan, manage, coordinate and review the work of the animation team to ensure the highest quality
- To create animations (and if relevant technical work), both as directional prototypes and to finished quality.
- To work closely with the Game Director to define and maintain animation direction.
- To work closely with Lead/Senior Designers to establish the animation requirements in all areas of the game.
- To work closely with Lead artist and character artists to ensure characters can be realised to their full potential.
- To ensure that the integrity of the animations and character behaviors are realized as intended in the build via regular reviews, establishing issues and advising on implementation and technical solutions.
- Actively participate in animation system and tech design, pipeline improvements, and all animation related problem solving
- Act as a role-model for the animation team by emphasizing project and company goals, provide feedback on performance, mentoring and training the Animators to achieve the best of their ability.
- Act as a mentor, evangelist and supporter of your team
- Collaborate with the other leads to actively manage the development team, lead by example and reinforce the projects creative and business direction.
- Experience delivering multiple PC and console titles in a senior or lead animation role
- Passionate about animation with a high level of understanding of creative principles and technical application.
- Strong mentorship, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both creatively and technically.
- Mo-cap, rigging, skinning, animation state trees and animation scripting
- Experience with motionbuilder
- Experience with facial animation, cinematography, cinematic related character
- Experience with multi-player related animation systems and open world games
- Have a passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends ideally an avid gamer!
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.