Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be part of Corporate Research in Västerås. We are one of the largest research centers within ABB and have world-class competence supporting the innovation in automation technologies. Our research center consists of approximately 90 scientists from 30 different countries.
Your mission will be to lead the User Experience team in the identification and development of our R&D strategy, new concepts, state-of-the-art and intellectual property. You will also be responsible for developing the team, supporting our people, and managing competence and lab infrastructure.
The User Experience team consists of 6 skilled scientists with different international backgrounds. Our main research focuses are human-automation interaction, interaction design, and socio-technical system research, serving all Businesses. We execute a variety of international projects involving multi-disciplinary teams of experts.
- Drive and foster a culture of innovation within the team and department.
- Ensure that research projects deliver on-time, high quality results in alignment with strategic directions.
- Make sure the research strategy and User Experience roadmap is contributing to the future success of ABB Businesses.
- Work with talent management of the individuals in the team, giving feedback on performance, coaching, providing development and career opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate team resources and budget in alignment with strategic directions. Plan capacity, people and resources for R&D projects.
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external contacts such as: customers, partners, universities. Actively contribute to scientific and technical bodies both inside and outside ABB.
- Be the spokesperson for UX Research at ABB and present User Experience Research, the team and results to receivers and partners internally and externally.
- Promote ABB R&D to foster cooperation and knowledge sharing with external resources and communities.
- You hold a M.Sc. in HCI, Cognitive Science, Design, or similar area combined with several years working experience, preferably in project and/or people management. It is also preferred if you have prior experience in R&D managerial role.
- You are a natural leader and a role model with a strategic mindset, and you are driven by engaging, coaching and developing others. You take the perspective of others and do not hesitate to make necessary decisions.
- You are engaged and always strive to find a solution, you thrive in a high paced environment. Your communication and collaboration skills give you the ability to inspire your team and colleagues towards great performances.
- Familiarity with operationalizing UX research in multi-stakeholder organizations is preferred.
- Fluency in English is a must, written and spoken alike.
More about us
ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our pioneering drives, motors, generators, traction converters and mechanical power transmission products are driving the low-carbon future for industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation. Through our global presence we are always close to our customers. We help them optimize energy efficiency, improve safety and reliability and achieve precise control of their applications.
Recruiting Manager, Cathrine Helin, +4621-34 42 66 will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621-34 21 48; Unionen: Ing-Marie B Lindgren-Turpeinen, +4621-32 95 83; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621-32 85 47. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Johanna Rosén, +4621-32 86 65.
Welcome to apply by August 28th. Please note that a completed application must contain: cover letter, resume and degree certificate. Please motivate why you are suited for this role, in the application letter.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website http://www.abb.com.